Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Pronger An Oiler!
#1

Sure the Oilers gave up on Eric Brewer and Jeff Woywitka but any chance you get to land a defenseman like Pronger you take it.

Way to go Kevin Lowe! It's nice to see the OIL bring in a star rather than shipping them out.

Gotta love the New NHL!

Now they just have to sign a Center!

CW
Reply
#2

Good. I hate STL!!!! And have always loved the Oilers!
Reply
#3

GREAT MOVE BY EDMONTON!! Pronger is a STUD D-MAN, probably the best D-MAN in the NHL. Great move by Lowe. Brewer is good but was a little overrated and I think he's almost reached his potential right now. Woywitka is a decent prospect but hasn't proven much yet. I was hoping Vancouver would rid themselves of Jovo and take a run at Pronger but...
Reply
#4

I am a Oilers fan forever, now I am a Peca fan!

Michael Peca from the New York Islanders in exchange for forward Mike York and a conditional draft choice

I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Reply
#5

mrlayance Wrote:I am a Oilers fan forever, now I am a Peca fan!

Michael Peca from the New York Islanders in exchange for forward Mike York and a conditional draft choice

Lance - you are going to love Peca.

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#6

Speaking of hockey news, my beloved Flames now have depth coming out their ass with the addition of Tony Amonte and Darren McCarty. Not to mention we just re-signed Iginla for 3 years. All we gotta do now is lock up our other restricted free agents (Kiprusoff, Reinprecht, Warrener, etc...), maybe grab ourselves another goal-scorer, and we're all set. This is exciting stuff!
Reply
#7

Hey Oiler fans, who is going to put the puck in the net? I don't see why anyone would be excited about locking up $4 million of cap space in the Incredibly Overrated 3rd Liner Mike Peca. He's a depth player, and looking at the Oil roster the one thing I don't see is depth.

Just my opinion of course. I'm no expert like Al Strachan.
Reply
#8

this coming from the guy from calgary. take it with a grain of salt. it's in his blood to trash the oilers.
Reply
#9

should be fun to watch the battle of Alberta this year , 2 teams are more competitive than they were when they last played
Reply
#10

direwolf74 Wrote:Speaking of hockey news, my beloved Flames now have depth coming out their ass with the addition of Tony Amonte and Darren McCarty. Not to mention we just re-signed Iginla for 3 years. All we gotta do now is lock up our other restricted free agents (Kiprusoff, Reinprecht, Warrener, etc...), maybe grab ourselves another goal-scorer, and we're all set. This is exciting stuff!

I really like the Flames' roster. Mccarty was a good pickup and Iginla is, well, Iginla. Amonte, well, uh, whatever. He's not that good but he'll add a little scoring anyway. Plus they have Phaneuf coming in this year along with their already very good defencemen.

I'm a Nucks fan (temporarily anyway) but Edmonton picked up Pronger so they should be better and Calgary got a top 5 player in the NHL in Iggy re-signed. Yeah, Vancouver got Naslund back but they still have the Sedin sister and perpetual choker Cloutier in net. One can only hope Nonis takes a break from eating doughnuts and actually makes a few good moves. Naslund was coming back all along so that wasn't hard to get him back. Getting rid of Sopel and Malik should help throught addition by subtraction. If only the Nucks could land Lecavalier for Bertuzzi or someone...
Reply
#11

beanmedic Wrote:this coming from the guy from calgary. take it with a grain of salt. it's in his blood to trash the oilers.

Uhhh, I'm a Leaf fan. I couldn't care less about the Oilers.

Seriously, who on Edmonton is going to put the puck in the net? I'm not trying to be a smartass. I really want to know.
Reply
#12

cferneyh Wrote:
beanmedic Wrote:this coming from the guy from calgary. take it with a grain of salt. it's in his blood to trash the oilers.

Uhhh, I'm a Leaf fan. I couldn't care less about the Oilers.

Seriously, who on Edmonton is going to put the puck in the net? I'm not trying to be a smartass. I really want to know.


i know, i'm just messin' with you. to answer your question, i dont know. Hopefully lowe has another trick up his sleeve.
Reply
#13

Here you go!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=132491&hubName=nhl">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID ... ubName=nhl</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#14

beanmedic Wrote:Here you go!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=132491&hubName=nhl">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID ... ubName=nhl</a><!-- m -->

Lowe added the would consider adding free agent Mark Messier but only if he has some money left after filling out the rest of his roster.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Kariya would be a great signing for the Oilers! Those 11 goals he got in 03/04 were clutch! He's not washed up at all!

Just kidding. Seems like a reasonable risk for a guy who should benefit with the new rules.
Reply
#15

^ Remember that time Kariya thought he was clever by taking $1 million from the Avalanche so that he could be a bright shiny superstar free agent and sign for a kabillion dollars the following year.

Remember that time Shelley Long quit Cheers to make it big in feature films.

ct
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)