Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

NHL CBA finally DONE!
#16

NMAS Wrote:I hope the fans stay away. then lets see what happens


oh fuck off you miserable cunt, why don't you stay away from the board for a while, you're always so damn negative about EVERYTHING! there was enough damage done from this stupid lockout....

oh yeah, the fans staying away would be just great for the game of hockey...it'd be wonderful wouldn't it? jackass!
Reply
#17

Shut up you prick, You're the most hated person on these boards so you should stick you opinions up your ass, along with the many other objects I am sure you already do shove up there.

The fans should stay away, so they can tell the owners and the players that no one is bigger than the game itself, which is cleary what the players thought they were. I'm glad they got there ego's shoved back down there throat, they deserved everthing the got.
Reply
#18

The Darkest Canuck Wrote:
NMAS Wrote:I hope the fans stay away. then lets see what happens


oh f**k off you miserable cunt, why don't you stay away from the board for a while, you're always so damn negative about EVERYTHING! there was enough damage done from this stupid lockout....

oh yeah, the fans staying away would be just great for the game of hockey...it'd be wonderful wouldn't it? jackass!

I may be negative sometimes, but at least I don't think I am always right, like some asswipes here.
Reply
#19

NMAS Wrote:Shut up you prick, You're the most hated person on these boards so you should stick you opinions up your ass, along with the many other objects I am sure you already do shove up there.

The fans should stay away, so they can tell the owners and the players that no one is bigger than the game itself, which is cleary what the players thought they were. I'm glad they got there ego's shoved back down there throat, they deserved everthing the got.


see, you're exactly to a "T" one of those bitter fucks i was talking about, who can't get over the fact that some people's job is to play hockey. if you were an auto worker fighting for a better deal with your fellow autoworkers, nobody (except the company you worked for maybe) would be calling you selfish or greedy. your last comment about players ego's (a stereotype at that) gives you away completely. and if you think that boycotting the NHL just as it's getting back on its feet is going make anything better, than you truly are an idiot, and this discussion is over like the lockout.
Reply
#20

The Darkest Canuck Wrote:
NMAS Wrote:Shut up you prick, You're the most hated person on these boards so you should stick you opinions up your ass, along with the many other objects I am sure you already do shove up there.

The fans should stay away, so they can tell the owners and the players that no one is bigger than the game itself, which is cleary what the players thought they were. I'm glad they got there ego's shoved back down there throat, they deserved everthing the got.


see, you're exactly to a "T" one of those bitter fucks i was talking about, who can't get over the fact that some people's job is to play hockey. if you were an auto worker fighting for a better deal with your fellow autoworkers, nobody (except the company you worked for maybe) would be calling you selfish or greedy. your last comment about players ego's (a stereotype at that) gives you away completely. and if you think that boycotting the NHL just as it's getting back on its feet is going make anything better, than you truly are an idiot, and this discussion is over like the lockout.

Yeah, see my second post, then try reading some economics books and get back to me, because you don't have a clue.
Reply
#21

i've got a book for you, it's called: "NMAS just got told hard and now he has nothing at all to say so he's telling me to read books on economics, and he's picking his nose going d'uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, let's not go back to hockey games now that we finally can again, zorf!"...
Reply
#22

The Darkest Canuck Wrote:i've got a book for you, it's called: "NMAS just got told hard and now he has nothing at all to say so he's telling me to read books on economics, and he's picking his nose going d'uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, let's not go back to hockey games now that we finally can again, zorf!"...

The NHL game has been crap for 5 years at least. They were vastly overpaid and provided poor product, why should you make a ton of money for providing a poor product ( no other business can survive doing that why should the NHL), now at least they can get paid an average salary and provide a poor product. Maybe the owners will have to counter by lowering ticket prices as well.

You can pay for crap hockey all you want, I go because I have a good job and get taken for free. :lol:
Reply
#23

hey man, the players were doing the best they could with what they were given to work with, it's not their fault if the rules need revamping, if the ref's can't do their job, or if coaches want to play the trap. they all want to win, so they all do what they gotta do to get it done, if that means the trap, bigger goalie equipment, hooking/holding somebody w/e, then that's what they had to do...if anything it's Bettman's ass that's responsible for the decline of the NHL.
Reply
#24

The Darkest Canuck Wrote:hey man, the players were doing the best they could with what they were given to work with, it's not their fault if the rules need revamping, if the ref's can't do their job, or if coaches want to play the trap. they all want to win, so they all do what they gotta do to get it done, if that means the trap, bigger goalie equipment, hooking/holding somebody w/e, then that's what they had to do...if anything it's Bettman's ass that's responsible for the decline of the NHL.

Or just the simple fact that in most American Markets Hockey is not popular. See I think the problem is people say hockey needs to grow down south, needs to become popular with Americans. But they need to realize it wont, it never will. There are to many other things going during the NHL season for people to care.
Reply
#25

Just talked to my Dad about this... we're both in agreement that it's a good thing the NHL is back. We weren't desperate for it, but it's nice to know that games are there again. When it comes right down to it, I'm a fan, and I missed the NHL, and I'm glad it's back.

Still, it will take so much effort to bring the NHL back to where it was. Rule changes are a good start. I HATE HATE HATE shootouts, but I'll put up with them for the good of the game. Most of the other suggested rule changes look good. But I think the league and the players need to do so much more to open up to the fans. Get innovative with the TV coverage... mike coaches and players, live interviews coming out of TV timeouts, better camera angles... so much can and must be done.

One thing's for sure... with the salary cap and the other changes to free agency and so on, teams are going to have to cut players, free agents and trading and the draft lottery will all be nuts... the league and its teams will look VERY different in the new season.

P.S. Just heard some comments by Brian Burke... "I had a salary cap for years as a GM, it's called a budget!" Priceless!

P.P.S. Also just heard that, as the deal was being finalized, Bob Goodenow was at the baseball All-Star game last night. If anyone had any question of whether Goodenow had lost control of the negotiating process... I guess there's your answer.
Reply
#26

The Darkest Canuck Wrote:hey man, the players were doing the best they could with what they were given to work with, it's not their fault if the rules need revamping, if the ref's can't do their job, or if coaches want to play the trap. they all want to win, so they all do what they gotta do to get it done, if that means the trap, bigger goalie equipment, hooking/holding somebody w/e, then that's what they had to do...if anything it's Bettman's ass that's responsible for the decline of the NHL.

I agree with most things you say, the problem with the game was accross the board, but the players weren't willing to do there part to make it improve, did they not notice half the rinks were half empty?? They still thought they deserved this insane amount of money, that no athelete deserves, other than maybe a pro golfer.
Reply
#27

The Darkest Canuck Wrote:i bet you're just thrilled that the billionaire owners will now be able to make even more money! :roll: for a working man your ideology is sure screwy. i guess some people just can't get over the fact the their childhood dreams of winning the Stanley Cup, and it makes them bitter to see that some people get paid millions of dollars to do so...well guess what, you're not them, you never will be, get over it...jealousy is an ugly colour on anyone.

Ummm, yeah. That's exactly it. :roll:

As a "working man" I understand the concept of profit. I understand that income - expenses = profit, and that there needs to be profit or else the industry fails. I understand that if expenses rise faster than income, there is a problem which must be corrected. Too bad your hero players and their bargaining committee wasted a year of their careers learning this the hard way.
Reply
#28

This is interesting...

Quote:Pregnancies coincide with start of lockout

PRINCE GEORGE, B.C. (CP) -- The number of babies born at Prince George Regional Hospital has increased rapidly between May and July leaving officials wondering if it had something to do with the NHL lockout.

"When you think about it and and start counting, it's been about nine months since hockey was cancelled," Val Stewart, patient care manager in the maternity ward said. "We normally have 60 to 80 babies born each month."

There was a big leap to 106 births from April 22 to May 19.

From May 20 to June 16, there were 95 births.

There have been more than 80 births since June 17.

While there weren't any hat tricks, the hostpital has had its fair share of twins, with six sets born between April 1 and May 19.

Guess some people had to do something else to pass the time without hockey. :lol:
Reply
#29

lol!
Reply
#30

I dont care what in hell the new conditions are, or whether or not the players, owners, etc are happy with it. I dont care that people hate hockey because of this, and I dont care if the fans come back or not. I really dont.

What I DO care about is the fact that HOCKEY WILL BE BACK next season!!! YAY for that. No more 1 hour hikes to Rochester to see the Americans play. Well...not as frequently anyway. Wink
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)