Posts: 3,827
Threads: 363
Joined: Oct 2002
Reputation:
0
..or is too early to tell...i'm thinking in the top four...DFN will always be my fave (unless the boys come up with something to really blow my mind), and i'm a huge IBE fan..PP is up there as well...time will tell if WC can inch up closer to DFN
Posts: 3,777
Threads: 62
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
A little too early to tell but it definitely hasn't moved DFN from the top of the mountain yet. DFN, RA, and possibly UTH are probably ranked higher in my world anyway. WC is stellar though.
Posts: 653
Threads: 16
Joined: Jun 2005
Reputation:
0
I think this could be their strongest album, but it is too early to tell.
As one peice it has perfect flow and a continuous theme.
Personally, its not my favorite, strictly because it doesn't contain my favorite songs(yet, anyway). FC and DFN still rank before WC in my books.
Posts: 295
Threads: 18
Joined: Sep 2004
Reputation:
0
I'm sure most will agree it ranks 5th but HIP fans will never agree on the order for the top 4, only what goes in the top 4 (i.e. DFN, UTH, RA, and FC).
Posts: 69
Threads: 8
Joined: Dec 2004
Reputation:
0
I agree it's too soon to say, but I feel like it's gonna be right up there for me. I haven't enjoyed a Hip album on opening day this much since Phantom Power. IBE was solid overall, but there were probably only two or three songs that really excited me. On this album it seems like almost every one is incredible. I'm loving it!!!
Posts: 6,675
Threads: 359
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
Way too soon to tell. The album is amazing, but I need more time to absorb it.
Posts: 669
Threads: 16
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
Right now, it's second behind Phantom Power.
But in a few weeks i'll probably come to my senses, and put it 4th behind PP, FC, and DFN.
Posts: 183
Threads: 2
Joined: Oct 2004
Reputation:
0
My problem is that I love specific songs of different albums... I think DFN, FC and RA are all stellar, pretty much top to bottom (well, think in terms of the songs on FC and not the recordings on the record)...
World Container is VERY good though, I like it a lot better than M@W, IVL and IBE, and its right there with PP...
I guess my current order would be:
Day For Night
Road Apples
Fully Completely
World Container
Phantom Power
Up To Here
Trouble At the Henhouse
In Between Evolution
Music @ Work
In Violet Light
The Tragically Hip
And that's not to say that there's a big gap anywhere, because probably the only albums I don't really listen to a lot are IVL and the EP, so it's right close...
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
As an album its still too soon for me to say, it takes time to see where it fits in the grand scheme of things, right now I can say I like it more than M@W, TATH and IBE.
As for songs though, Rink and Fly are instant favorites, it was love at first listen.
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 689
Threads: 47
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
Up to Here
Fully Completely
Day for Night
Road Apples
Phantom Power
Trouble at the Henhouse
World Container
In Violet Light
In Between Evolution
MAW
Posts: 2,025
Threads: 109
Joined: Jan 2003
Reputation:
0
To echo the sentiments of others, I think it is a bit too early to tell, as World Container made its debut in my car cd player just last night. However, my early impression are that it is a very listenable album. I have a feeling that I won't suddenly sour on it, but I am still a little unsure of its staying power.
Again, this list is apt to change.
DFN
PP
TATH
M@W
RA(tie w/FC)
FC(tie w/RA)
IVL
WC
UTH
IBE
-Jenna
Posts: 6,675
Threads: 359
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
Alright, since I love making lists, I'll play along. Here's my early ranking. But just like everyone else here, this will most likely change:
1. Day for Night
2. Phantom Power
3. Trouble at the Henhouse
4. Road Apples
5. World Container
6. In Between Evolution
7. Fully Completely
8. Up to Here
9. In Violet Light
10. Music@Work
11. EP
Posts: 112
Threads: 6
Joined: Oct 2005
Reputation:
0
Road Apples
Fully Completely
Phantom Power
Day For Night
Trouble At the Henhouse
In Violet Light
Up To Here
In Between Evolution
World Container
Music @ Work
The Tragically Hip