Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

THE EDGE
#1

I got to give props to the Edge 102.1 in Toronto, I'm really impressed how they get great bands to come in and do shows/interviews......right now Oasis is playing a live acoustic set, foo fighters tomorrow playing live.....the hip have played live for them (mod club) I love how they play live concerts on the radio, i believe last year they had the cure show live from the amphitheatre. I know radio can suck but these guys do a good job. I think a lot of it has to do with Allan Cross who is the program director who use to DJ there years ago. (he also does On going history of music)

Darnell
Reply
#2

For sure, I wish we had a station like that in London, our radio stinks! The Edge is cool, and I love listening to Alan Cross's radio show on Sundays.

:thumb:

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#3

LizardKing51 Wrote:For sure, I wish we had a station like that in London, our radio stinks! The Edge is cool, and I love listening to Alan Cross's radio show on Sundays.

:thumb:

yes, but most of the time they play shite...
Reply
#4

Yeah aside from playing the same 15 songs all day long..the edge is great. I listen to it from the Dean blundell show right up until bookie's college of musical knowledge.

Alan cross is a god.
Reply
#5

clearlyentranced Wrote:Alan cross is a god.
We get him on the Zone out here in Vic....he is definitely quite an authority on music, Canadian or otherwise. I wonder if we could persuade him to join Hipbase...
Reply
#6

He probably has..
Reply
#7

clearlyentranced Wrote:He probably has..
:wink:

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#8

He knows about this site... <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5485">http://www.hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5485</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#9

Who hosted the Hip's show at the Mod Club last year? Was that Bookie? I have no idea who the Edge DJ's are (and wasn't at all impressed with whoever it was that hosted the Mod Club show, Bookie or not). Anybody? -- Steve
Reply
#10

Yeah that was Bookie, I'm not his biggest fan either.
Reply
#11

I can't stand Dean Blundell, that hole crew is a bunch of idiots. I'll stick to Q107 for the morning show.
Reply
#12

NMAS Wrote:I can't stand Dean Blundell, that hole crew is a bunch of idiots. I'll stick to Q107 for the morning show.

I don't mind the Dean Blundell show, it can be funny.

The only thing I really, truly hate that they do is that stupid game "Stump the Show". I hate that with a passion! In fact when they play it I immediately change the station.
Reply
#13

Alan Cross isn't the program director. I believe it's still Neale Mann.
Reply
#14

Alan cross IS indeed the program director..
Reply
#15

Yer right! I thought he was still at Y108...my bad.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)