Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

The Wallflowers - Rebel, Sweetheart
#1

The Wallflowers were the first band I ever really attached myself to, in terms of fandom (I was in 6th grade, and couldn't stand a chance against Jakob Dylan's eyes). I'm going to see them in concert on Sunday, and in preparation I picked up their latest effort, entitled Rebel, Sweetheart. I would have to say it's their best since Bringing Down the Horse; stylish and catchy and very well done. If you're at all a fan, I suggest picking it up. [/end shameless plug] :thumb:

-Jenna
Reply
#2

Jenna_Bird Wrote:The Wallflowers were the first band I ever really attached myself to, in terms of fandom (I was in 6th grade, and couldn't stand a chance against Jakob Dylan's eyes). I'm going to see them in concert on Sunday, and in preparation I picked up their latest effort, entitled Rebel, Sweetheart. I would have to say it's their best since Bringing Down the Horse; stylish and catchy and very well done. If you're at all a fan, I suggest picking it up. [/end shameless plug] :thumb:

-Jenna

I liked the 'headlights' song when I was in high school.

I like his hair actually. Pretty curly.
Reply
#3

6th grade! wow, I think I was in university when that album came out. What year was it?
Reply
#4

Bringing Down the Horse came out in 1996.

-Jenna
Reply
#5

Yikes! I twenty-nine and contemplating a career change in 1996. Boy, I'm old...
Reply
#6

1996 was the end of high school, and the beginning of university for me which included a move from Kingston to Toronto. What a fantastic year!
I really enjoyed Bringing Down The Horse so I might have to pick this albmu up. Thanks!
Reply
#7

i just starting high school when that came out
Reply
#8

I was 10 when this album came out..haha. I remember seeing "One Headlight" all the time on MTV & VH1. Thanks, I'm going to check the album out now!
Reply
#9

Geez, i was two years removed from university.
Reply
#10

Blast.

I don't have their new album yet, I'll get it soon though.

I swear they'll never, ever come to Winnipeg Sad
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)