10-16-2006, 01:05 PM
thecompletist Wrote:I'm not one for reading into Gord too much ... but this section of this article really hit home for me and is one of the best finds... outlining who Gord Downie is....music lover, father, content.... simplier than many of us think.
"I love music constantly. I love that it's part of my life."
"My 11-year-old daughter bought The Killers' new single and played it maybe 40 times in a row the other day.
"And I was in the kitchen making toast, and I tell you, every time she put it on and I thought Yeah!
"Because that's what I would have done ... you save up your allowance and it's either candy or record. And you'd get the record and you'd play it a thousand times in a row because you own it, it's yours.
"And I love that feeling."
As far as what it is about rock 'n' roll he still loves: "I think it's an instrument of change. I think it can change the world."
maybe there's a song in there...
That's exactly what I was thinking. That interview hit close to home with how I feel about music as well. Cool stuff. :thumb:

