Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Hipfans.com Grab Bag Volume III... Coming Soon
#1

What's this all about? Where the heck are the fans?
[Image: tth1989-07-01-Band.jpg]

The answer is coming, in DVD format...
Reply
#2

shit how old is that
Reply
#3

Canada Day 1989 in London, Ontario at Harris Park.
Reply
#4

chris Wrote:Canada Day 1989 in London, Ontario at Harris Park.

Is that from who I think it is? Glad to see that worked out. Looking forward to seeing it. Any progress with the other?
Reply
#5

Damn!! If I wasn't 11 years old at the time I would of been sitting front row and then having a beer with the boys after the show. Im gonna go yell at my parents :x

Great find Chris, I cant wait for it :thumb:

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#6

Stephen Dame Wrote:
chris Wrote:Canada Day 1989 in London, Ontario at Harris Park.

Is that from who I think it is? Glad to see that worked out. Looking forward to seeing it. Any progress with the other?
Here are my answers...
Yes.
Nothing yet.
Reply
#7

chris Wrote:
Stephen Dame Wrote:
chris Wrote:Canada Day 1989 in London, Ontario at Harris Park.

Is that from who I think it is? Glad to see that worked out. Looking forward to seeing it. Any progress with the other?
Here are my answers...
Yes.
Nothing yet.

And here are my answers in return:
Cool.
Yeah, same here, tough dude to wrangle.
I might send another guy to you, he's offering an '85; doesn't seem legit though, I'll let ya know if anything comes from it.
Reply
#8

Just to fill everyone/anyone else who's interested in; through Stephen's friendly takeover of the Unreleased site, he was forwarded some emails from fans claiming to have some very cool, old footage of the band. This clip from 1989 is from one of those sources.

Stay tuned, as there is more great stuff on the way. This DVD, "Hipfans.com Grab Bag Volume III" should be ready for distribution in a couple of weeks, so get your burners ready.
Reply
#9

chris Wrote:Just to fill everyone/anyone else who's interested in; through Stephen's friendly takeover of the Unreleased site...

*rubs hands together menacingly*

ha... ha... MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... er, yes friendly, that's it friendly. Oren is on vacation... that's it: an extended vacation.

Really happy this worked out though, that looks like REALLY interesting footage. Can't wait to hear Gord interact with the... "crowd"

Maybe this is why he distrusts nationalism so much? Once scarred by Canada Day...
Reply
#10

my cousin saw them play in london at his high school, probably around the same time, it was him and 6 other people
Reply
#11

I've got Volume 3 finished and ready to go, but I see that there are a still a lot of people on Volume 2. I'll hold the release of Volume 3 until I get back from the cottage. Everyone should get their downloading finished up, and have 4Gb of free space for this DVD.

Hipfans.com
Grab Bag DVD
Volume 3
----------------------------
Clip Assembly & DVD Production:
Chris Kirkpatrick

Special Thanks to:
Scott Becker (srb) - Ottawa footage
Keith Wilson - London footage

DVD Contents
-------------
1988-07-01 - Ottawa, ON
1989-07-01 - Harris Park, London, ON

DVD ROM Contents
-------------
1989-07-01 - London AUDIO FLAC format
-------------
Reply
#12

*drool* I can't wait, thats gonna be sweet!

Thanks Chris, and have fun at the cottage! :thumb:

PS: I forgot to ask, did you see yourself in the Coldplay Live @ Much, from the Kool Haus show?

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#13

LizardKing51 Wrote:*drool* I can't wait, thats gonna be sweet!

Thanks Chris, and have fun at the cottage! :thumb:

PS: I forgot to ask, did you see yourself in the Coldplay Live @ Much, from the Kool Haus show?
Thanks... it is pretty sweet! A trip to the cottage with your three best friends is guaranteed to be a good time... I'd tell everyone about it when I get back, but what happens at the cottage, stays at the cottage...

And unfortunately I didn't make it on screen... although I did think I would. Our positioning was great for watching, not so good for being watched.
Reply
#14

Here's the official thread: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7222">http://www.hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7222</a><!-- m -->
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)