Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

song you'd love to hear the hip cover
#31

"Nicotina (She's All That)" by Big Sugar

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply
#32

I think if The Tragically Hip did their own version of The Cars' "Good Times Roll" they could own it. It would cease to be a Cars song.
Reply
#33

Stairway to Heaven by the HIP would be ecstatic. And so would HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN!
Reply
#34

Said it before, say it again.... Downtown by Neil Young. It suits the crunchy guitar style of the Hip. I'd like Sugar Mountain, Cortez the Killer, and All Along the Watchtower too.
Reply
#35

how bout.. The WASP (Texas Radio and the Big Beat), the ranting possiblities are endless, and its a groovy tune to boot. I dont how good it would sound but Id pay to hear it. Big Grin

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#36

An obscure 1989 selection, but if you've heard it, you'll know it drips in Hip-sound...

"The Eyes of Texas" by a band called Masters of Reality

note: the singer of this group (who had an uncanny Jim Morrison-but-not-Jim-Morrison thing going on) went on to become the main producer for Queens of the Stone Age, I believe.

What made me think again of the Hip and this song was Gord's singing of the Canadian national anthem at the baseball All-star game in Houston last year. It's not the traditional "The Eyes of Texas" song, but a kind of bluesy-rock number with guitar work that Bobby Baker would go nuts with.

Anyone heard this song?
Reply
#37

Masters of Reality RULE.
Reply
#38

KUDOS to you Masters of Reality Fans!! "Cult-band" defined! I LOVE them....Chris Goss is THE MAN.

Sunrise on the Sufferbus is one of my favorite albums of all time.

I'd shit if I heard TTH cover John Brown, JB Witchdance, or The Candy Song ....
Reply
#39

How about "Desperado" by Alice Cooper?
Reply
#40

The Horrible Esthete Wrote:KUDOS to you Masters of Reality Fans!! "Cult-band" defined! I LOVE them....Chris Goss is THE MAN.

Sunrise on the Sufferbus is one of my favorite albums of all time.

I'd shit if I heard TTH cover John Brown, JB Witchdance, or The Candy Song ....

Just came across a couple of live tracks by Masters of Reality, and holy crap, they're fantastic! Chris Goss could have the coolest voice going, not in a Jeff Buckley "Hey-I-can-sing-all-over-the-place-kinda-way", but in a "Now-sit-down-and-let-me-tell-you-a-story" effect.

"100 Years" and "High Noon Amsterdam"...with Mark f'n Lanegan no less! Chris Goss and Mark Lanegan singing on the same song? Come on.

In terms of Hip-playable songs, there's quite a few. "Tilt-a-Whirl" might be a good one. Have to listen to it again, I suppose. Smile
Reply
#41

Spycouple Wrote:"100 Years" and "High Noon Amsterdam"...with Mark f'n Lanegan no less! Chris Goss and Mark Lanegan singing on the same song? Come on.

In terms of Hip-playable songs, there's quite a few. "Tilt-a-Whirl" might be a good one. Have to listen to it again, I suppose. Smile

100 Years of Tears in the Wind is sublime rock n roll. It tends to put me in a rather eclectic sort of mood...especially when theres some dramatic weather brewing up.....yeah....I know I'm weird.

The Hip could do show-stopping versions of Mean Little Kitten or Ants in the Kitchen...
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)