Posts: 115
Threads: 39
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
Im listening to this CD right now and there are a few good tracks but the majority of it is kinda lame. Anyone else heard the CD yet?
Posts: 1,318
Threads: 110
Joined: Jan 2004
Reputation:
0
I haven't been able to get a good grasp on it, with exams and all. It's been pretty much what I expected though. Hopefully I can soak it in over the next few days
Cheers
Pat
Posts: 115
Threads: 39
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
I really like Sunspots, Right Where it Belongs, and Only........kinda still disapointing though.
Posts: 4,352
Threads: 136
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
i've only heard bite the hand that feeds, and i love it, it's easily the best single they've ever released (not that it's a better song than The Perfect Drug, Hurt, or w/e, but as far as being a lead single it is, it's really catchy, but it's still got balls too) and i can't wait to hear the rest of the album.
Posts: 519
Threads: 41
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
i heard their new single...and threw my radio at the wall... :?
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
]V[ANTIS Wrote:i heard their new single...and threw my radio at the wall... :?
I felt the same way, that first single is weak IMO
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 803
Threads: 36
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Still haven't heard the entire album (I like the first single), but I did manage to score tickets to the upcoming Kool Haus show--very, very much looking forward to it, I've yet to see NIN in concert.
Steve-o
Posts: 461
Threads: 46
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
I downloaded it off newsgroups but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, as well as the new Springsteen, Devils and dust, which is supposed to be good as well
Posts: 1,879
Threads: 16
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
I didn't know NIN were still around... boy did they ever drop off the face of the Earth for a while...
Posts: 374
Threads: 2
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
I've only listened to the whole cd a few times but overall I expected more from NIN. I like the new single and a couple of other tracks but they have produced WAY better material than this in the past. The whole disc seems a little too "soft" compared to their other stuff. I'll listen to it a few more times to see if it grows on me...
Posts: 4,352
Threads: 136
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
so i just finally listened to this today, and i don't understand where all the negativity in this thread is coming from, because this cd is fucking mint. Dave Grohl on live drums brings a whole new dimension to the band, and at times (actually most of the time) NIN sound like a whole new band on this album. Getting Smaller and You Know What You Are are the best examples of what Grohl's brought to the table, pure untamed rock and roll fury, the likes of which NIN have never before launched into. There's tons of cool down tempo basslines and beats on display here, i think what i like best is that Rexnor didn't try to get too fancy or carried away with being weird for the sake of weird on this one, he said that he thought this was the most "honest" work he's done to date, and i have to agree. If you were expecting The Fragile revisited, then yeah, you'll probably be disappointed, because this isn't a grandoise double lp concept album, but i don't know why you'd be expecting Trent to do the same thing twice, he never has...and if you'd been paying attention to anything he's been saying leading up to the release of With Teeth, you would've had a decent idea of what this one would be like. I have to say that it's already lived up to and surpassed my expectations, an instant classic, and to tell you the truth i like it better than The Fragile already, and don't get me wrong, i love that cd, and i love what NIN was doing with that one, it's just that with it being so long, i find it really hard to get into. i give With Teeth a solid A.
ps: how cool would it be if Grohl toured with NIN!?!?!?!?!
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
The Darkest Canuck Wrote:LizardKing51 Wrote:that first single is weak IMO
shush, you like Godsmack 
I dont necessarily mean its a bad song, its just wasnt what I expected from NIN and Trent, it lacks that bite that downward spiral and broken had. But I have yet to hear the rest of the album, so give me some time :wink:
And whats wrong with Godsmack??
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 4,352
Threads: 136
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
plenty:
their singer's an assclown wanna be badass, rebulican, annoying, douchebag
they stole their name and sound from Alice In Chains
they got rid of the hot chick from the first cd
flavour of the month bandwagon signing nu-metal act that should've never made it past the local act stage if you ask me...
these are just a few of the reasons i pawned both of their cd's (i got one for free from Columbia House, and one as a gift).
Posts: 115
Threads: 39
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
I totally agree with you about Godsmack......I've never been comfortable with that band for not only taking their name from an AIC's song, but doing a bad impersonation of AIC.