Posts: 799
Threads: 54
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
With the talk of an ARA not this summer but next who would you like to see The Hip take on the road? Who are likely candidates? I'll start off with predicting Sam Roberts, The Weakerthans and the HDRC.
Posts: 2,144
Threads: 97
Joined: Jun 2003
Reputation:
0
I would love to see The Hip do a sort of Canadian Lilith Fair as part of the lineup so my choices would be: Kathleen Edwards, Sarah Harmer, The Weakerthans, Matt Mays and The Hip.
Posts: 1,143
Threads: 27
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
Drive By Truckers
North Mississippi Allstars
Jack Johnson
Posts: 177
Threads: 3
Joined: Jan 2005
Reputation:
0
The Spades
Sam Roberts
The Trews (would be awsome)
Posts: 913
Threads: 58
Joined: Feb 2004
Reputation:
0
The Weakerthans
The Trews
Matt Good
Alun Piggins
Lowest of the Low
Sam Roberts
Posts: 1,318
Threads: 110
Joined: Jan 2004
Reputation:
0
The All Canadian aspect would be cool, but I would really like to see a return to form, with a bunch of people who could do a mid-sized venue tour (at least in the US) drawing huge crowds all together... with that in mind my dream lineup:
The Hip
Stereophonics
Sam Roberts Band
Sarah Harmer
Jack Johnson (just so my girlfriend would go too)
Pete Yorn
Kathleen Edwards
The Trews
I'm sure that will change over and over again by the time 2006 rolls by, and if the tour comes back.
Cheers
Pat
Posts: 295
Threads: 18
Joined: Sep 2004
Reputation:
0
Why 2006? Why can't there be ARA 2005?
in order of performance:
-The Spades
-Pop Tart Monkeys
-Kate Fenner
-Joel Plaskett
-Sarah Harmer
-Sam Roberts
-Black Eyed Peas
Posts: 159
Threads: 14
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
I would love to see them play with
Wayne
Sam Roberts
Interpol
Posts: 689
Threads: 47
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
Rush
The Guess Who
Neil Young...
ok... so realistically:
Weakerthens, Sam Roberts, K-OS, A Ressurected Collage of Bands from 95 including Treble Charger, Econoline Crush, IME with Edwin, and Moist.
Marble Index? is that what they are called? opened for the pixies and were pretty cool...
I think Tegan and Sara and Weeping tile would be a nice addition as well
Posts: 151
Threads: 6
Joined: Sep 2003
Reputation:
0
I think it would be cool to see a mix of semi-successful bands and some new kids that could be exposed by the experience. A friend of mine from college started a band called Cletus and the Barnburners (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cletusandtheburners.com">http://www.cletusandtheburners.com</a><!-- m --> for those of you looking to check them out) they are a jam band blue grass style and have played with people like Strangefolk and what not. I think a list of people like
Cletus and the Barnburners
Sam Roberts
Howie Day
Gov't Mule
Dispatch
Don't blast me for the plug for my former friend. I haven't even spoke to him since college so I'm seriously just speaking musically.
Posts: 62
Threads: 9
Joined: Feb 2005
Reputation:
0
Sloan
Blue Rodeo
Stereophonics
Sam Roberts
Among others...
and of course, Das Hip.
Posts: 4,352
Threads: 136
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
The Hip
Sam Roberts
K-OS
Junkhouse
Gordie Johnson's new band
The Illuminati
Posts: 1,211
Threads: 99
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
In lieu of just getting tickets to blues legend Buddy Guy's show on Friday, I wouldn't mind seeing an old bluesman at Another Roadside Attraction. We all know Das Hips love that sort of stuff, I think it'd be great...
Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress