Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

My First Honest To Goodness Death Threat!
#1

As anybody who has ever put their opinions in the open (Web, newspaper... graffiti-tag, whatever.) can tell you, somebody will usually take a shot at them... no problem, part of the game. But today, I got my first honest to goodness death threat over this:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawacitizen/news/letters/story.html?id=fd804a2a-8c54-4a78-b36c-fc1925f73f71">http://www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawaciti ... 1925f73f71</a><!-- m -->

(Dammit... subscriber only... and they edited the open, anyway, here's the original:

"Just read of Stephen Harper invoking Mackenzie-King's greatest shame to make his point in the same sex debate and felt obligated to respond. Not only does Mr. Harper embarrass himself, his party, and his nation with his intolerant stand on same sex marriage, his use of one of Canada’s blackest moments (“none is too many”) was out of place, out of context and highly ironic coming from a leader who supports separate-but-equal policies.

The Conservatives claim that equal marriage rights are not universal human rights, and sadly, in today’s world that is true. However, not all citizens of the world are fortunate enough to live in Canada. Our legislators now have an opportunity to uphold a standard of equality while providing leadership for just and tolerant nations everywhere.

This issue will come to define many of the MP’s who stand for or against it. Unfortunately, I believe Mr. Harper is not only on the wrong side of justice, equality and the separation of church and state, but with his recent comments, he is also offside when it comes to history, class and common sense.

Stephen Dame)



Lady friend says call the cops, I say Rap-Battle at SUNDOWN!!!

But I least I can finally check it off the to-do list this morning, (this does tell me one thing for certain: conservanazi whack-jobs get up REAL early) It was right below "water-ski" and just above "Meet that delightful Barbara Streisand"
Reply
#2

Don't worry man, I got your back. I say Rumble on Bank Street. Wink
Reply
#3

I remember when I was at UWO a guy in my rez wrote me a letter threatening to kill me (he incorrectly thought I had defaced his girlfriend's Morrissey poster), and he SIGNED HIS NAME to the letter. I'm thinking that the first lesson when issuing death threats is to not leave a name.

How'd you get the death threat Stephen? Email? Can you share it with us?
Reply
#4

IT WAS ME! I HATE QUEERS! AND THAT'S WHY YOU'RE NEXT BUTTSLUT! Tongue
Reply
#5

The Darkest Canuck Wrote:IT WAS ME! I HATE QUEERS! AND THAT'S WHY YOU'RE NEXT BUTTSLUT! Tongue

I sense the sarcasm, but wow.

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply
#6

fingernailsonhull Wrote:
The Darkest Canuck Wrote:IT WAS ME! I HATE QUEERS! AND THAT'S WHY YOU'RE NEXT BUTTSLUT! Tongue

I sense the sarcasm, but wow.
Double wow! No offence to anyone, but when I read that I almost fell out of my chair laughing, Ive never heard someone use the word BUTTSLUT before :lol: :lol: As for that death threat I would tell the cops, you never know these days.

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#7

How did you receive a death threat from just writting a reply to a newspaper? How would people get a hold of you?
Reply
#8

o78 Wrote:How did you receive a death threat from just writting a reply to a newspaper? How would people get a hold of you?

He's an honest to goodness real journalist! Big Grin

I'd call the police JUST IN CASE!

Confusedhock:
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)