Poll: Fav. Trailer Park Boy - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Julian
0%
0
0%
Ricky
0%
0
0%
Bubbles
0%
0
0%
Lahey
0%
0
0%
Randy
0%
0
0%
Cyrus
0%
0
0%
J-Roc
0%
0
0%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Favorite Trailer Park Boy
#16

I voted for Julian, He's always so calm about everything and he's the guy everyone in the park trusts. And the way he carries that rum and coke around especially when he's driving...classic.
Reply
#17

I love the end of the second season when Julian gets up from out of the car wreck and he still has the drink in his hands. Totally classic. And Bubbles if like, "pretend like I know you". Such a good episode.

Bible Pimp is great too.

And gotta give a nod to Lahey's sit metaphors. Shit rope, Shit hawk, classic.

Mick
Reply
#18

I like in Julians transcript where it says that Gord owes the boys 30 bucks for something that Ricky produced back home. Hmmmm.
Reply
#19

RAY!!!

He is priceless! Ray is definitely my favourite, especially when the news reporter interviews him. "...everyone knows that about fucking Lahey... the park has gone to rat shit everyone can see that..." Or how about the one outtake from the first disc of the third season DVD. "When Ricky talks you don't understand him, but if you write down and come back to it it makes sense. I mean he just left and I really didn't know what he said, but then I thought about it and then it's like.... f.uck... you know, Ricky!"

Second is most definitely Lahey. Not only because of his great one liners, but because the guy who plays him is an incredible actor! Seriously, the guy is amazing. Watch the last episode of season four and the episode "Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard". Some of the best acting I've ever seen.
Reply
#20

I was thinking the guy who plays Ricky must be the best actor of the bunch cause that's a really tough thing to do. I mean JUlian gets to play the straight man and Bubbles is like J-ROC, just kinda goofy or whatever...but the way Ricky talks must be really hard to do and I totally believe it. A lot of the time I don't think of Ricky as a character, he's more like a real person!! I can actually imagine how he THINKS in that really constantly confused way.
Reply
#21

go®d Wrote:I was thinking the guy who plays Ricky must be the best actor of the bunch cause that's a really tough thing to do. I mean JUlian gets to play the straight man and Bubbles is like J-ROC, just kinda goofy or whatever...but the way Ricky talks must be really hard to do and I totally believe it. A lot of the time I don't think of Ricky as a character, he's more like a real person!! I can actually imagine how he THINKS in that really constantly confused way.
I would think, with the exception of the over-the-top-ness and violence, the Ricky character is probably pretty close to what that guy is really like in real life. You can really see it in the outtakes and bloopers.

Overall, I think all the cast members are all good actors. That's the beauty of this show. It appears low budget, pointless, immature and over the top, but once you really start to examine it and really watch it, there is so much going on here. From the story to the punch lines to the characters to the people who play the characters.
Reply
#22

what about all the kitties? they rock too...prrrrrrrow
Reply
#23

Astronaut Wrote:I would think, with the exception of the over-the-top-ness and violence, the Ricky character is probably pretty close to what that guy is really like in real life. You can really see it in the outtakes and bloopers.
Really??? I mean I dont know the guy so I can't say yes or no to that but I'm kinda surprised you think he's really like that. I just never got that feeling. Like I said, I don't know for sure that you're wrong, but I'll have to watch for that in the future...next time i watch my DVDs I'll see if I can tell!

I always got the impression he was just a really good actor. The scenes where he can't even talk straight, I figured that would be hard to pull off, I thought he was just a pretty good character actor.
Reply
#24

I love that one where bubbles is like:

" I found this little cocksucker down in a well. Kids spray painted all over him. I cleaned him up, and now that's a damn fine looking kitty."

I love how bubbles is so pure and simple minded, but fowl mouthed and down with all that goes on in the trailer park.
Reply
#25

go®d Wrote:
Astronaut Wrote:I would think, with the exception of the over-the-top-ness and violence, the Ricky character is probably pretty close to what that guy is really like in real life. You can really see it in the outtakes and bloopers.
Really??? I mean I dont know the guy so I can't say yes or no to that but I'm kinda surprised you think he's really like that. I just never got that feeling. Like I said, I don't know for sure that you're wrong, but I'll have to watch for that in the future...next time i watch my DVDs I'll see if I can tell!

I always got the impression he was just a really good actor. The scenes where he can't even talk straight, I figured that would be hard to pull off, I thought he was just a pretty good character actor.

I read somewhere that Rob Wells the guy who plays Ricky was actually an English major in University. Him and John Paul Tremblay had their own chain of pizza shops called J.R. Capone's on P.E.I. which they sold. Barrie Dunn the guy who plays Ray is actually the producer and one of the head writers of the show.
Reply
#26

I lived in Woodbine Trailer Park, from 1980ish until 1987ish. Home of the first 2? seasons of the TPB. I'm proud of that, in a strange sort of way. Wink
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)