10-10-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm just guessing on a couple songs, incase anyone wanted to know. They're not very accurate, probably.
------------------------
Yer Not the Ocean
Again i'm talkin' to the lake,
I'm standin' on the rocks.
Yer not the ocean,
I'm better to watch.
Barely invisible,
I'm a stranger in myself
And a wall of water
just hitting the shelf
Yer not the ocean.
Yer between my toes.
Yer not the ocean,
Yer not even close.
Though, you're so real.
and you (?) every day.
You can think and feel
and get out of your own way
and though, i'm nothin'
You are just a lake.
You're made to take it,
and take and take and take.
Yer not the ocean.
I'm standin' on my toes.
Yer not the ocean,
Yer not even close.
Yer not the Ocean
Yer up to my chin.
Yer not the ocean.
Yer not comin' in.
------------------------
Lonely End of the Rink
I looked up and you were there
Just sittin there all alone
Holding your fist in the air
If you need me you're on you're own.
You drove me home through a snowy tomb
and I fell asleep in my seat
I had the dream of having no room
You were there just staring at me.
At the lonely end of the rink
You and me.
At the lonely end of the rink
You and me.
Oh, to join the rush.
As the season builds.
I hear your voice across a frozen lake
Voice from the end of a leaf
sayin' you won't die from a thousand fakes
or be beaten by the sweetest of dekes.
At the lonely end of the rink
You and me.
At the lonely end of the rink
You and me.
Oh, to join the rush.
As the season builds.
Jump into the rush
As the season builds.
You drove me home through a snowy tomb
and I fell asleep in my seat
I had the dream of having no room
You were there just staring at me.
At the lonely end of the rink
You and me.
At the lonely end of the rink
You and me.
----------------------------------
The Kids Don't Get it
You said "If I ask you a question
Are you gonna lie to me?"
I said "Honey, is that yer question
Cause honey that one's easy."
Cause half the truth is
Just how much there is.
The Kids don't get it, no.
The Kids don't get it.
I'm gonna be an expert stranger.
But then the giant squid
I'm gonna leave the stranger experts
Scratching their heads sayin' "How'd he do it?"
When half the truth is
just how hard it is,
those Kids don't get it,
the kids won't get it.
I'll be the headlights,
I'll be the elk.
I'll be the right lane
and i'll be parelall.
The Kids don't get it,
The Kids don't get it.
(something i didn't get.)
I'll be grippin the city,
I'll be hittin' the town.
You say you'd be hurt if I didn't
When I come around.
I'll be as careless as you are certain.
I'll get out of my own way.
I'll stop to cry into the curtains
and like the greats before me go on stage.
If half true is
good enough for this
The Kids don't get it, no.
The Kids don't get it.
If I ask you a question, you're gonna lie to me.
Honey is that your question? Cause that one was easy.
------------------------------
Family Band.
I can smell a rat, when it's all rat.
I can find one in an elevator.
My mind doesn't work so bad
But I am a poor exterminator.
I can destroy entirely
Or eliminate a little later
I can't see the entire city
But I'm not a bad exterminator.
I'm just a
Shade shy of true wickedness
A shade shy of truly lovin' it.
There are other things i'd rather be doin'
Even nuthin', even nuthin', even nuthin' with you.
One day i'll make some honest rock 'n roll
Full of handclaps and gang vocals
I'm gonna get all the children involved
We're gonna get lost in all yer locals.
We'll be a
Shade shy of true wickedness
A shade shy of truly lovin' this
There are other things we'd rather be doin', sure
Even nothin', Even nothin', Even nothin' with you.
Load out through the snow, through
Small groups of people smoking,
Get that kick-drum loaded
into the backseat folded
down.
We'll go virtually un-noticed,
What's grippin the city ain't hittin the town.
We'll be a
Shade shy of true wickedness
A shade shy of truly lovin' this
There're other things we will surely miss
Load out throught he snow through
Small groups of people smokin'
Get that kick drum loaded
into the backseat folded down.
We'll go perfectly unnoticed,
What's grippin' the city ain't hittin the town.
------------------------
Yer Not the Ocean
Again i'm talkin' to the lake,
I'm standin' on the rocks.
Yer not the ocean,
I'm better to watch.
Barely invisible,
I'm a stranger in myself
And a wall of water
just hitting the shelf
Yer not the ocean.
Yer between my toes.
Yer not the ocean,
Yer not even close.
Though, you're so real.
and you (?) every day.
You can think and feel
and get out of your own way
and though, i'm nothin'
You are just a lake.
You're made to take it,
and take and take and take.
Yer not the ocean.
I'm standin' on my toes.
Yer not the ocean,
Yer not even close.
Yer not the Ocean
Yer up to my chin.
Yer not the ocean.
Yer not comin' in.
------------------------
Lonely End of the Rink
I looked up and you were there
Just sittin there all alone
Holding your fist in the air
If you need me you're on you're own.
You drove me home through a snowy tomb
and I fell asleep in my seat
I had the dream of having no room
You were there just staring at me.
At the lonely end of the rink
You and me.
At the lonely end of the rink
You and me.
Oh, to join the rush.
As the season builds.
I hear your voice across a frozen lake
Voice from the end of a leaf
sayin' you won't die from a thousand fakes
or be beaten by the sweetest of dekes.
At the lonely end of the rink
You and me.
At the lonely end of the rink
You and me.
Oh, to join the rush.
As the season builds.
Jump into the rush
As the season builds.
You drove me home through a snowy tomb
and I fell asleep in my seat
I had the dream of having no room
You were there just staring at me.
At the lonely end of the rink
You and me.
At the lonely end of the rink
You and me.
----------------------------------
The Kids Don't Get it
You said "If I ask you a question
Are you gonna lie to me?"
I said "Honey, is that yer question
Cause honey that one's easy."
Cause half the truth is
Just how much there is.
The Kids don't get it, no.
The Kids don't get it.
I'm gonna be an expert stranger.
But then the giant squid
I'm gonna leave the stranger experts
Scratching their heads sayin' "How'd he do it?"
When half the truth is
just how hard it is,
those Kids don't get it,
the kids won't get it.
I'll be the headlights,
I'll be the elk.
I'll be the right lane
and i'll be parelall.
The Kids don't get it,
The Kids don't get it.
(something i didn't get.)
I'll be grippin the city,
I'll be hittin' the town.
You say you'd be hurt if I didn't
When I come around.
I'll be as careless as you are certain.
I'll get out of my own way.
I'll stop to cry into the curtains
and like the greats before me go on stage.
If half true is
good enough for this
The Kids don't get it, no.
The Kids don't get it.
If I ask you a question, you're gonna lie to me.
Honey is that your question? Cause that one was easy.
------------------------------
Family Band.
I can smell a rat, when it's all rat.
I can find one in an elevator.
My mind doesn't work so bad
But I am a poor exterminator.
I can destroy entirely
Or eliminate a little later
I can't see the entire city
But I'm not a bad exterminator.
I'm just a
Shade shy of true wickedness
A shade shy of truly lovin' it.
There are other things i'd rather be doin'
Even nuthin', even nuthin', even nuthin' with you.
One day i'll make some honest rock 'n roll
Full of handclaps and gang vocals
I'm gonna get all the children involved
We're gonna get lost in all yer locals.
We'll be a
Shade shy of true wickedness
A shade shy of truly lovin' this
There are other things we'd rather be doin', sure
Even nothin', Even nothin', Even nothin' with you.
Load out through the snow, through
Small groups of people smoking,
Get that kick-drum loaded
into the backseat folded
down.
We'll go virtually un-noticed,
What's grippin the city ain't hittin the town.
We'll be a
Shade shy of true wickedness
A shade shy of truly lovin' this
There're other things we will surely miss
Load out throught he snow through
Small groups of people smokin'
Get that kick drum loaded
into the backseat folded down.
We'll go perfectly unnoticed,
What's grippin' the city ain't hittin the town.

