Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Troubleshooting DVD-RAM device
#1

Hey folks...

I turn my computer on this morning, and all of a sudden, it is not reading my DVD-RAM device. When I troubleshoot it, it says it can detect the driver, but not hte device itself. I opened the tower up, and everything is still plugged in where it should be. Any thoughts/advice on how to get it working again??

Rory
Halifax
Reply
#2

Try removing the device all together from the device manager and restarting the computer and letting it (windows xp?)detect and reinstall the device and drivers by itself.

High
Reply
#3

heya Darren... thanks for the reply... I did what you suggested, but I'm still getting the same thing... the computer detected the "new hardware", DVD-RAM and CD-ROM, but it is still not working... any other thoughts?

Rory
Reply
#4

Did you purchase and install the dvd drive after you bought your computer? Do you have both dvd and cd drives? Are your jumper settings correct - i.e., master & slave?
Reply
#5

rory try a system restore to a point that it did work that might help

ron
Reply
#6

If the system restore didn't work Rory, you may want to go the drive/PC manufactuer's website and download the latest drivers or any updates they may have. I once had a similar problem and installing the current driver resolved it.

1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton
Reply
#7

You all are great friends!!! I got it up and running, thanks to everyone who replied!! OK, back to burning DVD B&P's!!

Rory
Halifax
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)