Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Milwaukee Hip fans
#1

I just found this website and it is great. I am wondering am I one of the only Hip fans in this town? I have the Hip albums in two of my favorite water holes and working on more. Steve's on Bluemound is going to get it, and For Pete's Sake has it too. SO I am trying to spread the word. It hasn't been easy as they haven't been here since '98!
Reply
#2

This is worse than I thought, no one even wants to respond to my message. I am worried that I will have to travel for every hipshow from now on. Chicago sucks too, 1 dry show, 1 in trouble for left handed cigarettes, it is tough, they have to come back to the Brew City!
Reply
#3

Hey Hipster,

There is at least one other Cheeseheaded, Brew-Crew lov'n Hip-Head around here... he'll probably be riding by relatively soon.

Welcome aboard.
Reply
#4

Stephen Dame Wrote:Hey Hipster,

There is at least one other Cheeseheaded, Brew-Crew lov'n Hip-Head around here... he'll probably be riding by relatively soon.

Welcome aboard.

There was a dirty little voice in my head whispering for me to log on tonight...must have been stephen :lol: Nice to see another Milwaukeean with fine taste! :thumb:
Reply
#5

And I take exception to the Chicago reference Wink As voiletlightheron will attest....chicago rocks for the Hip. Many sold out shows and brewski's at The Hop Leaf.

sonofdad
Reply
#6

sonofdad Wrote:And I take exception to the Chicago reference Wink As voiletlightheron will attest....chicago rocks for the Hip. Many sold out shows and brewski's at The Hop Leaf.

sonofdad

Ya Der Hey!! :lol: :thumb: :thumb: Best show besides NYE 99 that I've been too.
Reply
#7

Alright, I didn't mean any disrespect to the Hip fan base of Chi-town, as it is probably safe to say all Hipsters are pretty much the coolest bunch to enjoy a great show.

However in my defense of not liking venues in Chicago, UIC Pavalion-great show, but no alcohol, and when I was standing with my buddies I was yelled at to sit! I didn't like that much. At the taste well the cigarettes didn't smell like tabacco and was told I wasn't welcome, I guess my fault, but isn't a hip concert safe land?

I hear Kelly's Bleachers has a hip song on the Juke. Dino's in Riverwest, my buddy's place, will have a disk soon!

Thanks for the replies!

I will have to say the Modjeska in '98 in Milwaukee was better than the Chicago shows. I guess I am a little biased, but what the hell. We have the Calder Cup as well!

I wish they would come back to Summerfest, always great!
Reply
#8

Yup, The Hip tour in 02 had five sold out shows at the HOB in Chicago. I went to all of them, and they all rocked! I was dissapointed that the band was only here for one show in Oct., but it was also very good. Do you think Das boys will hit the road again for the summer?

Also, if ever in Chicago go to Yackzies on Diversay Parkway/Pine Grove in Lincoln Park. They have a juckbox full of every Hip CD.
Reply
#9

HipChx Wrote:Yup, The Hip tour in 02 had five sold out shows at the HOB in Chicago. I went to all of them, and they all rocked! I was dissapointed that the band was only here for one show in Oct., but it was also very good. Do you think Das boys will hit the road again for the summer?

Also, if ever in Chicago go to Yackzies on Diversay Parkway/Pine Grove in Lincoln Park. They have a juckbox full of every Hip CD.

Hi HipChx. I remember the Yakzies downstairs on Diversey. We used to go there afterhours (15 years ago) for wings and beer. Glad to hear that the jukebox is "hippening". And welcome to the board.

sonofdad
Reply
#10

Hey Sonofdad,
Thanks for the welcome! I just happened upon this place from the Hip site.

Yeah, that's Yakzies! Open late and has good jukebox Big Grin
Reply
#11

milwaukee produced possibly the best hip boot ever on dec 12/98 @ the modjeska. a must have, thank you milwaukee.
Reply
#12

macyme Wrote:milwaukee produced possibly the best hip boot ever on dec 12/98 @ the modjeska. a must have, thank you milwaukee.
I just looked that show up on the setlist archive and wow! Thats one hell of a setlist, someone should throw it up on the tracker. Smile

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#13

HipChx Wrote:Yup, The Hip tour in 02 had five sold out shows at the HOB in Chicago.

four, actually. 7/16, 7/17, 7/18 and 7/19. the following night they were at First Ave in Minneapolis, after which some idiot actually had the nerve to state on alt.music.tragically-hip that the band should have cancelled the show due to the AC being broken in the club. Friggin ingrate!
Reply
#14

I was at the First Ave show, which rocked. I love the cities!
Reply
#15

You guys ever hit the brat stop on your way down 94 prior to a hip show? Great place!!!!!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)