Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

We'll Go Too?!?
#1

Just browsing through the setlist archives for all the shows in 2004 again, and I found in kinda strange that the boys would dig out 'We'll Go Too' for a couple summer shows, and that's it.

I thought we might hear it in a few shows, as it would get a rarities spot in a few setlists similar to 'DareDevil', 'Three Pistols', and 'Silver Jet'.
But only those two shows. I just find it kinda funny.

I wonder if they didn't like the response it got in those two shows, or realized they couldn't fit it in sets, with a ebb and flow of rock, slow, and newer material.

Oh well, maybe next tour.
Reply
#2

Hasn't Greasy Jungle been the same?
I haven't gone through the setlists to find it but I thought I saw that once or twice. That would have been a beauty to see.
Reply
#3

Actually you are right about Greasy Jungle. It was played 3 times on the american leg of the fall tour only:

New Orleans - Sept 29/ Pittsburgh - Oct 17/ Toledo - Oct 29.

Also, found a couple other rare ones on the american tour:

'So Hard Do By' - New Orleans Sept 29
'Lionized' - Austin Oct 02
'Looking for a place to happen' - Tempe Oct 04
'Freak Turbulance' - Denver Oct 13
'Flamenco' - Towson MD Oct 25

So there are a few very rare tunes that were only pulled out once so far this year.
Sure keeps the shows interesting.
Reply
#4

Looking was dropped in Cleveland as well...
My theory with the rarer tunes has always been whether or not Gord can remember the words constantly, night after night. He's acknowledged having a problem remembering lyrics, if he only scrapes by one night, I'd doubt he'd want to do it every night....

Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress
Reply
#5

I agree Heron. With a library of over 100 songs and counting, it's going to be more and more rare to see on older song only played once or twice on a tour. If they are going to bring a song back, it would have to get in the rarity rotation or 3-5 times a tour minimum, which is what we have been seeing (Pistols, Boots, Daredevil).

But when they do pull that odd one out for a one time play during a tour, it makes it all that much more special.

Kudos to the Hip for trying to mix it up though.
Reply
#6

Or maybe it's not Gord forgetting the lyrics .... maybe the band just isn't that into playing the song?
Reply
#7

They played We'll Go Too at the Edmonton club show.

Out of the seven shows I went to this year, that was definitely rarest song I've heard at a Hip show in awhile.
Reply
#8

He should Micheal Stipe it and bring the lyrics on stage...


...oh wait a second..........thats a horrible idea....
Reply
#9

Cpt. Trips Wrote:He should Micheal Stipe it and bring the lyrics on stage...


...oh wait a second..........thats a horrible idea....
Hey... it worked for Axl Rose...
Reply
#10

i still don't see how Silver Jet or Jungle are "rarities", they're both singles, and jungle was a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge hit, it's my all time favourite song of theirs, and i absolutely have to hear it live. i don't understand why they play grace too and nautical so often, but not greasy, it's not fair i tells ya!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)