Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Heart Of A Lake Tour...Whitby, Port Hope and Kingston
#46

I love both his solo albums because of their "experimentalness" and since I missed all his solo tours for his albums, this mini tour was like my chance to catch up on what I missed.

All 3 nights were very special, the music, the poetry, the dancing, the hosts, the subject matter. Mark and I spent quite a bit of time with Larry the host from Whitby, we talked with him in both the other cities, and has many great stories, but he also has many sad stories about the Lake and what is happening with it.
Reply
#47

jamseyb Wrote:I know that I'm definitely in the minority, but I think that Coke Machine Glow is better than all of the Hip's albums since then.... and I really like IVL. For me, Trick Rider is the most beautiful song that he's ever written. I don't think that Battle of the Nudes was as strong, but the songs that he played from it last night sounded amazing....... can't get Into the Night out of my head....

Ditto. Delete 'Nothing but Heartache' and it's a just about perfect album to me. I like Chancellor and Lofty Pines better than Trick Rider, though.

Cheers,
John
Reply
#48

I am not sure if these are from WaterKeepers:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPnVxyGmja4">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPnVxyGmja4</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2_dCQczkCk">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2_dCQczkCk</a><!-- m -->

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#49

Tthip Wrote:I am not sure if these are from WaterKeepers:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPnVxyGmja4">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPnVxyGmja4</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2_dCQczkCk">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2_dCQczkCk</a><!-- m -->
Those are from an interview/performance event in Ottawa... I think. Not WaterKeepers. Another Hipbaser posted that file recently on a different site.
Reply
#50

I just posted a DVD from the Whitby event to The Hip Tracker: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thehiptracker.com/torrents-details.php?id=410">http://www.thehiptracker.com/torrents-d ... php?id=410</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#51

Thanks alot Chris im going to pick that up! It was great to see Gord solo acoustic on some hip tunes which he stayed clear of on his battle of the nudes tour ..
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)