Posts: 1,318
Threads: 110
Joined: Jan 2004
Reputation:
0
No problem with gmail
No problem with the decoding through errors either.
Cheers to the inside scoops and live Hip (especially the releasing of shows I was at)
Cheers
Pat
Posts: 93
Threads: 4
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
I've had no trouble downloading now that I'm using Internet Explorer to download.
I haven't tried to decode, though.
Posts: 63
Threads: 3
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
What a night! Sorry to hear that so many are having problems, my download and burn went smoothly and I'm just about to enjoy!
The Hip are already the #1 download of the past 30 days! Amazing, yet not surprising! Way to show support!
Posts: 917
Threads: 76
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
This is frickin amazing! I hope they release all their shows like this...damn..I will be broke! :jump :jump :jump
High
Posts: 652
Threads: 8
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
Hey ddd444...
I think I echo Wendy's statement when I say thanks for posting. It's nice that you are keeping us abreast of what is happening with the band. I know a lot of Hipbasers would agree that this is our home when it comes to all things Hip and the fact that you are giving us the inside track on things like showtimes and downloads is greatly appreciated! Glad to hear the Fillmore show went well. Good luck in Portland. See ya in CP!!!
:thumb:
Posts: 1,242
Threads: 56
Joined: Nov 2002
Reputation:
0
So I downloaded the whole show, and like some others I had problems with Heaven. I finally did the decode through errors, coverted it all to wav and burned it. I just went for a long drive and listened to almost all of it, and I get a small glitch at 1:44 into Heaven.
Anyone else experiencing this? I am going to email Livedownloads support and see what they tell me.
Other than that, this is such a treat to have a fantastic sounding show! So far New Orleans Is Beat stood out as one of my favorites...but that is only 1 listen.
Thanks for the input ddd444...it's definately appreciated.
Posts: 1,593
Threads: 154
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
got the problem fixed thanks to live downloads help can burn flac right to cd with out convertion to wav
god damn need sleep get up early put in cds i just made
love the hip
and thank you ddd444 you the man ( woman)
thanks
Ron
Posts: 6,675
Threads: 359
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
Damn. Looks like those of us still living in the dark ages who don't have CD burners are out of luck. I was at least hoping for the option of having the actual disc shipped to you a-la-Pearl Jam. I'll have to get a friend to burn the show for me.
Posts: 344
Threads: 16
Joined: Oct 2003
Reputation:
0
Hello ddd444:
If I can use the jedi mind trick properly:
"We will release the Cleveland and Philadelphia shows in the near future."
Also,
"There will be at least 10 volumes for fans to download."
Seriously, please consider these two. They were excellent. Philly in my top 3 all time. Thanks for reading!
Posts: 582
Threads: 39
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
Finally got around to listening to the show this morning...other than the small burp in Heaven Billy mentioned, I have to say it's perfect! :thumb:
Love the anthem to start it off (particularly the little change to "George" :lol: ); to me anyway, it sounds exactly like the All-Star game version many were trashing a while back...funny how an appreciative homer crowd can make a big difference...
Can't wait for the next one! My vote would be for Kingston, by the way... :wink:
M.
Posts: 1,318
Threads: 110
Joined: Jan 2004
Reputation:
0
I'd say yes to cease trading of anything they release. LBU was different because it wasn't a full show. But if they were ever going to sell a full soundboard copy of that Cleveland show, as an example, I'd be the first to deleate the audience one, and pull it off my list. This would also make some sense as to why the Canada Day show was never fully spread. I know one person who taped it, but he's pretty tight with the band, so I can imagine they would have asked him not to release what he had.
My two cents,
Pat
Posts: 8,614
Threads: 451
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
I don't think that we should stop trading fan recordings of shows that are released via livedownloads.com.
I don't follow your logic regarding deleting the fan recording. The 'livedownloads.com" shows are something extra that the band is releasing to fans. As a fan, I enjoy the fan recordings as they capture the ambience of the show much better than most professional recordings. Have you listened to the Syracuse recording from this tour? It's priceless, as the taper is out ordering drinks when the show begins, and then in his Frenglish he says, "that's a good one, eh?" with reference to VC being performed. If they release Syracuse via livedownloads.com, I will continue to trade the fan recording, and keep the professional version for my personal listening.