08-30-2010, 01:55 AM
Currently listening to Country...i don't know why, but suddenly since few days i feel like listening to Country music.
catechism Wrote:I can't seem to turn of Danny Michel this week. I don't have his new one, but 'Feather, Fur & Fin' showed up on Monday and it's basically been on repeat ever since, with some of his older stuff thrown in when I need a change.
direwolf74 Wrote:I'm currently reading U2's autobiography "U2 by U2". It's a fascinating read, and it's inspired me to go back and re-discover their entire discography. I've been a fan of these guys for most of my life. I remember getting a cassette copy of The Unforgettable Fire for my 12th birthday, and that was it. Instant U2 fan from that point on. I was just starting to discover real music around that time and U2 were the launching pad. Through the years I've always gone through phases where I don't listen to them at all for long periods of time, usually because I'm listening to other things or discovering new musical obsessions. But I always end up going back to them, just like I do with the Hip. Even the recent albums that nobody likes have some amazing songs on them. "City of Blinding Lights", "Miracle Drug", "Love and Peace or Else", and "Crumbs from Your Table" from the Atomic Bomb album come to mind. Take out the awful "Get on Your Boots" from No Line on the Horizon and the remaining 10 songs make up a pretty stellar album. I hadn't listened to that record since it came out in 2009, but after giving it a couple of spins this morning, I'd have to say it holds up really well. I enjoyed it when it came out, but I think I like it even more after having gone without it for a year. Songs like "Magnificent", "FEZ-Being Born", "Breathe", "Cedars of Lebanon" and the title track are some of the coolest stuff they've ever done in my opinion. I dig the fact that these guys continue to write great songs and put out quality records when they could just as easily sit back, sleep on a big pile of money and rest on their greatest hits from the 80s and early 90s. Not to mention the fact that they keep reinventing large-scale touring every time they go out on the road. I know it's cool to hate on U2 these days, but ya can't deny that they're one of the great bands of our time.
cochise Wrote:The only other U2 album I pull out on a regular basis is "All That You Can't Leave Behind". I still spin the others once in a while, but to me, nothing will ever compare to War or ATYCLB.
sean.bonner Wrote:Any Randy Newman fans here?