Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Live 8 (SOLD OUT)
#61

brian1175 Wrote:I was trying to find out when the live 8 concert will start. Does anyone know? Does 7 am sound right? Anyone have any info on the lineup times or anything like that?
The Barrie show? 11 am start time. Gates open at 9 am.
Reply
#62

NEW INFO ABOUT THINGS ALLOWED INTO LIVE 8

-soft coolers will be allowed into the concert, as long as they contain NO ice or icepacks
-all food brought into the concert must be repackaged so that no commercial labels remain. (for example, repackage a granola bar in cling wrap instead of bringing it in its original wrapper. Avoid Tupperware or hard packaging).
-professional cameras are not allowed into the event. Personal cameras may be allowed at the discretion of security.

House of Blues - The Offical Concert Organizer for LIVE 8 - has released this press release June 24, 2005.


Well I guess I better start cling wrapping those granola bars and get ready for a day of warm drinks!
Reply
#63

"all food brought into the concert must be repackaged so that no commercial labels remain. (for example, repackage a granola bar in cling wrap instead of bringing it in its original wrapper. Avoid Tupperware or hard packaging)."

Aren't they making it a little easier for you to hide your dope and weapons??????? Confusedhock:
Reply
#64

Vit Wagner, in todays Toronto Star Wrote:The Tragically Hip: As Canadian as, um, blueberry pie, the Kingston-based sextet has never been able to match its homegrown popularity abroad. But led by singer/lyricist Gordon Downie, the band ranks as a bona fide institution on these shores, thanks to hockey-referencing unofficial anthems such as "Bobcaygeon," "Fifty Mission Cap" and "Wheat Kings."
Confusedcratch: I don't know the band, nor am I really interested in doing any research, so let's just say what I hear others say all the time...

There is a blurb about all of the performers, and all of them, except this one, were complimentary of the successes that the band's have had. It irks me that this attitude towards/about The Hip persists.

And who are the sixth and seventh members?
Reply
#65

and what are the hockey references in Bobcaygeon and Wheat Kings?

ct

(sextet would be six, heptet would be seven)
Reply
#66

Man, I know the Toronto "Red" Star has done some atrocious reporting... but this takes the cake! Confusedhock:

That person needs some serious Canadian re-training... either that or she could do a little research and get her facts right... you know, doing HER ACTUAL JOB!!! :rambo: :rambo:

*Sigh...* :roll:
Reply
#67

Chris Tanz Wrote:and what are the hockey references in Bobcaygeon and Wheat Kings?

ct

(sextet would be six, heptet would be seven)
Good question.

(Oops...)
Reply
#68

Is anyone looking for a pair of live 8 tix ? I may have people backing out. PM me.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)