Posts: 2,211
Threads: 39
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
Hum, yeah, those of us who actually attended the show in London will remember that the posters said it would be available by Friday. Not on Friday, but by Friday, which for English speakers means on or before Friday. No date was specified, but a reasonable person would have assumed Friday, 3 December 2004 rather than, say, Friday, 16 June 2006.
So I think impatience at this point isn't unreasonable. And a little concern over strange happenings at livedownloads.com ain't unreasonable, either, although I think we should calm down about that because it's probably just a database thing. (Remember it's happening on a weekend when they ain't working....)
Personally, I was pretty excited at the prospect of getting a soundboard recording of a show I attended, since audience recordings are a quality crap-shoot that I always seem to lose. And when it turned out to be such a great show, I got even more excited. So yeah, I understand why people are antsy, which those of ya from down east or out west might not.
But I'm remaining patient. Kind of. Yeah, patient. Sort of....
Posts: 1,795
Threads: 95
Joined: Jun 2003
Reputation:
0
putting up a poster like that is just asking for trouble.
what would they do if there was a problem with the master tape? what if gord lost his voice in the middle of the set. what if the band had an off night and didn't want the show released?
i still say that everyone should just chill the hell out for a little while. it has only been a week
Posts: 1,079
Threads: 101
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
Can you say class action suit? Lol
What was the benefit to paying ahead of time? That usually is just a way for a company to guage interest...
Posts: 570
Threads: 55
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
Adding the poster this thread might add fuel to the fire! But i still think everybody should be patient with these shows....
Honestly! Now i can see why many tapers don't post thier shows they tape! Cause people can be so impatient.
Also, with all these people bitching! I hope they don't release them now! And just give back all the pre-ordered money. Then all the people bitching about how the show was released a few days late, can bitch about how they should have shut up and been patient, and now aren't gewtting the shows at all.......
Posts: 160
Threads: 6
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
i don't think this is quite the same as someone taping the show. i would never bitch about an audience tape not becoming available within a week of the show, since a taper really has no obligation to ever release anything to anybody. when stuff like that comes out, it comes out when and if the taper wants to put it out.
here management announces that two shows will be available, by a certain date, and then charges $12.95 a pop. i think when a company promises something and doesn't deliver, the customers have every right to complain. if they knew there could be problems getting the shows ready, then why say the show would be ready by a certain date?
Posts: 680
Threads: 34
Joined: Dec 2004
Reputation:
0
I totally agree....funny, didn't I say this the other day, and then get told to chill out???? Now it seems as though many people share my frustration with the situation, and rightfully so....had we not been given a date to expect the shows, we wouldn't be feeling like we are now...
Posts: 2,211
Threads: 39
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
I think people started to get concerned because of the glitches at livedownloads.com, thus all the posts.
As an aside, if nobody had ever done anything to me personally, I wouldn't wish any disappointment on them ... but that's just me....
Posts: 3,394
Threads: 118
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
I'm guessing that I'm a little more patient with Livedownloads because of my awful experience with Disclive.com and a Lowest of the Low show. I order on Sept 8, the links didn't work, I emailed customer service on Sept 9th. I got a generic "we'll get back to you someday" response. My credit card got charged (the wrong amount). And then FIVE WEEKS later I finally had the show emailed to me (despite the fact that they charged me for a CD copy and I never received a CD copy). Given the relatively few problems with the July 1st Hip show, I'm willing to give the folks at Livedownloads the benefit of the doubt. But Disclive can kiss the bottom of my shoes before I ever deal with them again.
Posts: 300
Threads: 15
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
We waited over 3 months for the Canada Day set on LD.com. We can handle another week if necessary. :mrgreen:
Posts: 1,211
Threads: 99
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
Here's a reply I just received from livedownloads.com:
Dear Joshua Kloke,
In order to ensure the highest quality product for our customers, Tragically Hip is currently reviewing the tapes for the show you inquired about. A decision will be made shortly on whether to release the shows or not. If for some reason the show is not released, you will of course be issued a full refund for your purchase. We appreciate your business and patience in this matter.
Please let us know if you require further assistance.
Thanks for supporting livedownloads.com!
--Fred
Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress
Posts: 153
Threads: 10
Joined: Dec 2004
Reputation:
0
I got the same email... I have some background in soundboard work and I dont understand what the problem could be... the sow sounded AMAZING, unless someone forgot thier job and didnt record the show....
who knows, im not real impressed, but ill wait and see what happens with livedownloads.com
I have the hiptracker recoding and its decent, now I jsut gotta fgur out how to make it a MP3, from FLAC
Posts: 2,211
Threads: 39
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
One way to read that is that the band hasn't got around to approving the release yet. They were touring up until last night, after all.