Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Favourite Gord Downie Song?
#46

The Darkest Canuck Wrote:Into the Night is so fuckng brilliant and gorgeous...Gord's voice has never sounded as beautiful and real to me as it does on that song.

I concur. One of Gord's many shining moments as an artist. :thumb: Absolutely brilliant!
Reply
#47

My NEW favourite Downie song....SF song...man I love it. It's poetic, straight-forward, and just plain good. I could listen to it 11 times in a row
Reply
#48

I saw the thread "vancouver engagement" in the other forum and now I'm thinking the greatest GD song is Vancouver Divorce (it's either that or Chancellor):

"What the hell is this?
She said 'It's art. Just fucking mirror it."

SF Song also punches balls however.

ct
Reply
#49

Willow Logic

[Image: Dogs-Train.jpg]

[Image: mimicomap_small.gif]
Reply
#50

tth_fan Wrote:(honourable mention to Starpainters ...)

my brother is an anesthesiologist. When he was finishing med school and it was apparent that he was going to be an anesthesiologist, I thought it would be a good idea to get him a graduation gift that, somewhere on it, had the following motto:

"The Starpainters are taking over/The scaffolding is in its place
Your anesthesiologist tonight/Is washing up, and on his way"

The rest of my family just looked at me funny.

ct
Reply
#51

SF Song has my vote !

or Pascal Submarine
Reply
#52

I would say Chancellor or Trick Rider
Reply
#53

Figment is pretty badass...the way it just explodes out of your speakers...so loud, so alt-rock...i love it.
Reply
#54

Coke Machine Glow is a beautiful album, especially because of:

1. Chancellor
2. Vancouver Divorce
3. SF Song
Reply
#55

eatmecompletely Wrote:SF Song has my vote !

or Pascal Submarine

Pascal's Submarine is pretty cool!
Reply
#56

"Steeplechase" live is amazing, too.
Reply
#57

I hope the blackflies dont carry me away
Reply
#58

I would have to say 11th Fret. The first lyrics (so this is fucking off by degrees, and I...) just get me every time. A lot of people think it's a wad of noise but I ADORE it.

Into The Night is great too, as is Figment.
Reply
#59

11th fret accoustic is mind-blowing
Reply
#60

LizardKing51 Wrote:
sean.bonner Wrote:Chancellor


Same here, great song.

word.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)