Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Super Bowl!!
#46

j-monster Wrote:Was Brady much of a QB for the Wolverines?

For the Wolverines, Brady was little above average. Originally, Drew Henson (who signed with the Yankees) was starting over him, although I think Henson was younger. When he signed his multi-mil MLB deal, Brady took over. I think the quarterback coach at NE has worked wonders for him, and he himself has worked his ass off.
Reply
#47

Jenna - so what is the feeling in Philly?
That McNabb blew it?
Or just the better team won?

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#48

Well, right now I'm in Syracuse, but the family reports that its a little bit of both. Sunday was not Donovan's best game. He was out-played, and did not hold up against high stakes. Things are a little low around SU as well, seeing as he's a fellow Orangeman, or Orange, or whatever the hell our offical mascot is now.

-Jenna
Reply
#49

Jenna_Bird Wrote:Well, right now I'm in Syracuse, but the family reports that its a little bit of both. Sunday was not Donovan's best game. He was out-played, and did not hold up against high stakes. Things are a little low around SU as well, seeing as he's a fellow Orangeman, or Orange, or whatever the hell our offical mascot is now.

-Jenna

Dammit. I had the U-Haul gassed up, and the trailer full of pop tarts and beer! Maybe next year, I feel your pain.
Reply
#50

The Horrible Esthete Wrote:
senschic Wrote:I'm not saying he isnt talented and that I dont like Paul! He is unbelievable I would love to go see him in concert. I just didnt think it was a great superbowl halftime pick. I think that the superbowl needs something more energetic to get the crowds energy going.


Well, I think the show is just for 'entertainment', and I do not think that the fans attending Superbowl XXXIX need to have their energy-level boosted by a pop music performance at halftime. This was the best Superbowl halftime show I've ever seen, because it WASN'T trying to be the gala-event-of-the-century. Just a great musician doing his thing with excellence. Fifty times better than seeing that horrible spectacle a few years ago where Aerosmith sang a duet with freaking

[Image: 14_6_2.gif] BRITTANY SPEARS.

:roll:

senschic Wrote:I would appreciate it if you wouldnt put words into my mouth.


Where did I put words into your mouth?
I never said anything about boosting the crowds energy with pop music. I was thinking more along the lines of Springsteen or The Rolling Stones. Some good upbeat ROCK music. I hate pop music as much as you do. So relax.
Reply
#51

senschic Wrote:I never said anything about boosting the crowds energy with pop music. I was thinking more along the lines of Springsteen or The Rolling Stones. Some good upbeat ROCK music.

News flash: 'rock' music IS 'pop' music. :thumb:

My point was that the objective of having a halftime pop act (whether it be Spears or Springsteen) is to entertain the live audience and to hold a percentage of the TV viewership for ratings, not to "energize the crowd". I think the action of the game itself is enough to pump up the people who are, like, there to watch the NFL Championship.....

senschic Wrote:I hate pop music as much as you do. So relax.

I can't relax - I'm stilll amped up from Paul McCartney's incredible Superbowl halftime performance.

:mrgreen:
Reply
#52

Quote:I can't relax - I'm stilll amped up from Paul McCartney's incredible Superbowl halftime performance.

:mrgreen:

To steal a line from Dave: "after seeing Paul McCartney's act, the Super Bowl people are seriously reconsidering their no nudity policy. In fact, next year: 40 solid minutes of nudity... Paul's a wonderful person, don't get me wrong... but c'mon, seriously grampa."
Reply
#53

The Horrible Esthete Wrote:I can't relax - I'm stilll amped up from Paul McCartney's incredible Superbowl halftime performance.

:mrgreen:
lmao anyway can we just agree to disagree please
Reply
#54

senschic Wrote:lmao anyway can we just agree to disagree please
Ohhhh.....all right, since you asked so nicely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New topic: A peanut is neither a pea nor a nut.

Discuss amongst yourselves.
Reply
#55

Came across this site this afternoon: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://tradefreddie.com/">http://tradefreddie.com/</a><!-- m -->

He really needs to shup up and move on.
Reply
#56

Oh, and if anyone is intertested, I'll take #4 - Subscription to the Jelly of the Month Club (1 year minimum). :mrgreen:
Reply
#57

Oh c'mon - be honest. You want #2 and you know it! :mrgreen:
Reply
#58

The Horrible Esthete Wrote:Oh c'mon - be honest. You want #2 and you know it! :mrgreen:


No comment. :oops:
Reply
#59

I dunno...THREE bags of topsoil would be nice...so would lunch with Urkel. :lol:

-Jenna
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)