Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

hip on myspace
#31

I hate myspace, 99% of the people on there are morons and 99% of the bands are awful. I'd dump my account, but I like searching for crazy stuff like Belgian rap and Chinese bluegrass on the music sites.

Also, I have a feeling that all those hot 18 year olds with revealing pictures that keep messaging me for my email address aren't really who they say they are. I don't know why.
Reply
#32

BulletRiddled Wrote:Also, I have a feeling that all those hot 18 year olds with revealing pictures that keep messaging me for my email address aren't really who they say they are. I don't know why.

I think the tip off may be that "Candi's" e-mail address is something along the lines of <!-- e --><a href="mailto:kengold@hotmail.com">kengold@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->... If that doesn't tell you something's up, the copyrighted professionally done photos will be. :lol:

-Jenna
Reply
#33

Jenna_Bird Wrote:I think the tip off may be that "Candi's" e-mail address is something along the lines of <!-- e --><a href="mailto:kengold@hotmail.com">kengold@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->... If that doesn't tell you something's up, the copyrighted professionally done photos will be. :lol:

-Jenna

:oops:

Don't worry baby - I deactivated that account as soon as we started dating
Reply
#34

Thank you for making me spit water all over myself. On my BOTN shirt, no less. :lol: I have no witty reply.

-Jenna
Reply
#35

Jenna_Bird Wrote:
Ballgame Wrote:its a great place. I found a lot of good bands on there.

All I found were 16 year old boys asking me for naked pictures, so I deleted my account. However, the hip may force me to reconsider. But...I dunno. I get the feeling that MySpace, much like society at large, is mostly populated by total idiots.

-Jenna


Agreed. I'll admit that Myspace is a good avenue for young bands to get some exposure, but for the most part I've found it to be pretty idiotic.
Reply
#36

The Horrible Esthete Wrote:
Jenna_Bird Wrote:I think the tip off may be that "Candi's" e-mail address is something along the lines of <!-- e --><a href="mailto:kengold@hotmail.com">kengold@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->... If that doesn't tell you something's up, the copyrighted professionally done photos will be. :lol:

-Jenna

:oops:

Don't worry baby - I deactivated that account as soon as we started dating

That was pretty damn funny . . . the world is made up of all sorts of people and if they get introduced to TTH on mYspace, so be it. welcome aboard. end of my story. Nothing more, nothing less.
Reply
#37

Just to reiterate how old I am, I don't even really understand what myspace is all about. I mean I've been there, I've read about, and it seems to be referenced everywhere, but I still don't get it.

This must mean that within a couple of years I'll be shaking a fist in the air while yelling: damn teenagers!.
Reply
#38

cferneyh Wrote:Just to reiterate how old I am, I don't even really understand what myspace is all about. I mean I've been there, I've read about, and it seems to be referenced everywhere, but I still don't get it.

This must mean that within a couple of years I'll be shaking a fist in the air while yelling: damn teenagers!.

Yeah, I'm not much for it. I have an account but hardly log on. I have a few bands like PJ and SUL518 and Weezer for updated news but it's not really a great service. It's pretty much just a place for undiscovered bands to get free advertising and publicity. I did hear a rather chilling story on the news a few weeks back about myspace that further tarnished its image. A creepy internet pedophile guy got enough info on a female jr high student's profile to find out where she lived and went to school and actually met her in her school gymnasium. So, yeah, don't give much info is the lesson I guess but that's common sense to most people.
Reply
#39

Trends
Reply
#40

Emo
Reply
#41

Hmm. I stand corrected.
BUT, if it was 'taken over' by Hip management they should put some work into it. Give it the Hoip touch we know they have! Big Grin
Reply
#42

Smithco Wrote:It looks too umprofessional to be the hip, for atarters, and if it was the hip, its not doing them very well. they dont have a whole lot of "friends" on there :?
Hmmm.... welcome to the site Smithco. This site: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.myspace.com/therealtragicallyhip">http://www.myspace.com/therealtragicallyhip</a><!-- m --> is maintained by MAv, webmaster for thehip.com and regular contributor to hipbase.com....

You might want to reconsider your previous post, or link to the unprofessional page that you are referring to if it's not the one I just linked to.
Reply
#43

any reason why gords last name is spelled wrong in the pics section?
Reply
#44

opiated Wrote:any reason why gords last name is spelled wrong in the pics section?
Someone else started that site, and MAv just took over. It's probably an error the original dude made, and MAv just hasn't caught it yet...
Reply
#45

Myspace is a interesting machine. Maybe the Hipbase needs a myspace page.

I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)