Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

The Killers sold out!
#31

The Darkest Canuck Wrote:
tigerthelion Wrote:A)I understand rap. I understand that it's mostly a bunch of rich guys who complain about life.


B) I hate metal


answer to A): WRONG

answer to B): YOU SUCK!

Great counter TDC. Very thoughtful and well thought out. Very articulate. Now go back to your NWA and their great message of killing all white cops. Play it for the children nearby. :thumb:
Reply
#32

you missed Interpol

cferneyh Wrote:Anyone who thinks that there hasn't been good music put out this year simply isn't looking hard enough.

Audioslave
Beck
Ben Folds
Black Rebel Motorcycle Choir
Broken Social Scene
The Constantines
Death Cab For Cutie
Doves
Editors
Elbow
Foo Fighters
Franz Ferdinand
Iron & Wine
Kings of Leon
Louis XIV
Matt Mays
Oasis
QOTSA
Ryan Adams
Son Volt
Spoon
Stars
Stephen Malkmus
The White Stripes

And while the following certainly aren't everyone's cup of tea, they are on my frequently played list for 2005:

Aimee Mann
Ani Difranco
Coldplay
DMB
Fiona Apple
Jack Johnson
Josh Rouse
Kathleen Edwards
Sigur Ros
Strippers Union
Weezer

Frankly, it's been one of the best years for music from "new" and established artists that I can remember - I can hardly keep up. And just a few more days until the best DVD of the year comes out!
Reply
#33

tigerthelion Wrote:
The Darkest Canuck Wrote:
tigerthelion Wrote:A)I understand rap. I understand that it's mostly a bunch of rich guys who complain about life.


B) I hate metal


answer to A): WRONG

answer to B): YOU SUCK!

Great counter TDC. Very thoughtful and well thought out. Very articulate. Now go back to your NWA and their great message of killing all white cops. Play it for the children nearby. :thumb:


maybe i will, and i'll blow weed smoke in their little faces...
Reply
#34

Don't forget the Stereophonics; they put out the best album of their career this year. Also, Toronto's "evil super group" Holy Fuck have put out one of the best debut albums I've heard in a long time. If you like electronic music that sounds better live than on the record, these are the guys for you.

Cheers

Pat

theAryanTwang Wrote:you missed Interpol

cferneyh Wrote:Anyone who thinks that there hasn't been good music put out this year simply isn't looking hard enough.

Audioslave
Beck
Ben Folds
Black Rebel Motorcycle Choir
Broken Social Scene
The Constantines
Death Cab For Cutie
Doves
Editors
Elbow
Foo Fighters
Franz Ferdinand
Iron & Wine
Kings of Leon
Louis XIV
Matt Mays
Oasis
QOTSA
Ryan Adams
Son Volt
Spoon
Stars
Stephen Malkmus
The White Stripes

And while the following certainly aren't everyone's cup of tea, they are on my frequently played list for 2005:

Aimee Mann
Ani Difranco
Coldplay
DMB
Fiona Apple
Jack Johnson
Josh Rouse
Kathleen Edwards
Sigur Ros
Strippers Union
Weezer

Frankly, it's been one of the best years for music from "new" and established artists that I can remember - I can hardly keep up. And just a few more days until the best DVD of the year comes out!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)