Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

TSN.CA!
#31

Couldn't find that quote eh? Better luck next time!

tragicallymike Wrote:Cup Appearances:
Sabres: 1975, 1999
Leafs: ZERO
Advantage: Sabres

Really? The Leafs have made zero Cup appearances? I'm sure your response is "1967" and/or "live in the now", to which I say:

Leafs in the past three seasons: 132-77-27-10, .632, 3 playoff appearances
Sabres in the past three seasons: 99-106-28-13, .483, ZERO playoff appearances

Obvious conclusion: the Leafs have been significantly better than the Sabres over the previous three seasons.

Better luck next time.
Reply
#32

cferneyh Wrote:Couldn't find that quote eh? Better luck next time!

tragicallymike Wrote:Cup Appearances:
Sabres: 1975, 1999
Leafs: ZERO
Advantage: Sabres

Really? The Leafs have made zero Cup appearances? I'm sure your response is "1967" and/or "live in the now", to which I say:

Leafs in the past three seasons: 132-77-27-10, .632, 3 playoff appearances
Sabres in the past three seasons: 99-106-28-13, .483, ZERO playoff appearances

Obvious conclusion: the Leafs have been significantly better than the Sabres over the previous three seasons.

Better luck next time.

Yeah that was quite the celebration when the leafs won the "Lost to Philadelphia, Carolina and New Jersey Cup" I still remember the party in the streets after that one. The comparison is from when the sabres entered the league Einstein. So, No the leafs have not made the Cup finals the sabres inception or since there were more than 6 teams in the league (someone had to win it right?)
Reply
#33

cferneyh Wrote:
tragicallymike Wrote:Your act is getting tired. What would you have said if I cited the Bandits 92,93 and 96 championships and the Bisons AAA championship?



What would I have said? Pobably would have said I meant major professional leagues.

thats what I was referring to.
Reply
#34

tragicallymike Wrote:
cferneyh Wrote:
tragicallymike Wrote:Your act is getting tired. What would you have said if I cited the Bandits 92,93 and 96 championships and the Bisons AAA championship?



What would I have said? Pobably would have said I meant major professional leagues.

thats what I was referring to.

Evidently you are unable to understand the difference from major professional leagues and professional leagues.

As for the Leafs/Sabres comparison, my point remains. The Leafs have been significantly better over the past three seasons. Furthermore, the fact remains that the Leafs have won more Cups than the Sabres will ever win. Just because they happened during the Original Six era doesn't mean they don't count. I could use the same argument with the Sabres 1975 appearance - there were a fewer teams then than there are now.

Case closed.
Reply
#35

cferneyh Wrote:
tragicallymike Wrote:
cferneyh Wrote:
tragicallymike Wrote:Your act is getting tired. What would you have said if I cited the Bandits 92,93 and 96 championships and the Bisons AAA championship?



What would I have said? Pobably would have said I meant major professional leagues.

thats what I was referring to.

Evidently you are unable to understand the difference from major professional leagues and professional leagues.

As for the Leafs/Sabres comparison, my point remains. The Leafs have been significantly better over the past three seasons. Furthermore, the fact remains that the Leafs have won more Cups than the Sabres will ever win. Just because they happened during the Original Six era doesn't mean they don't count. I could use the same argument with the Sabres 1975 appearance - there were a fewer teams then than there are now.

Case closed.

5 other competitors. Those cups dont mean shit. Case closed.
Reply
#36

tragicallymike Wrote:5 other competitors. Those cups dont mean shit. Case closed.

I just checked the NHL record books and it appears that those Cups count just as much as the Cups won in recent years. No extra credits have been given out and there are no asterisks beside the names of any pre-expansion Cup winners. So sorry, but - yet again - you are wrong.
Reply
#37

tragicallymike Wrote:
cferneyh Wrote:
tragicallymike Wrote:
cferneyh Wrote:
tragicallymike Wrote:Your act is getting tired. What would you have said if I cited the Bandits 92,93 and 96 championships and the Bisons AAA championship?



What would I have said? Pobably would have said I meant major professional leagues.

thats what I was referring to.

Evidently you are unable to understand the difference from major professional leagues and professional leagues.

As for the Leafs/Sabres comparison, my point remains. The Leafs have been significantly better over the past three seasons. Furthermore, the fact remains that the Leafs have won more Cups than the Sabres will ever win. Just because they happened during the Original Six era doesn't mean they don't count. I could use the same argument with the Sabres 1975 appearance - there were a fewer teams then than there are now.

Case closed.

5 other competitors. Those cups dont mean shit. Case closed.

I gotta say (even as somebody who realizes the Leafs for the money-grubbing "Next-Year, trust us" pimps that they are) the Leaf wins happened during an era when the league was MUCH more competitive and talent rich than when the Sabres went to the finals... and lost, regardless of the number of teams.

But I think you can both take comfort in the fact that in the United States, the city of Buffalo is synonmous with losing big, just as the Leafs are in Canada. You two are like twin brothers from different mothers, Toronto and Buffalo... seperated by a lake, united by choking.

Smile
Reply
#38

Stephen Dame Wrote:But I think you can both take comfort in the fact that in the United States, the city of Buffalo is synonmous with losing big, just as the Leafs are in Canada. You two are like twin brothers from different mothers, Toronto and Buffalo... seperated by a lake, united by choking.

Smile

Dude, I'd take that from a lot of people, but you're a Sens fan. You want to talk about choking?
Reply
#39

The Sabres and the leaves both suck but the leaves suck much worse and thats laid out perfectly in my earlier post.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)