Posts: 6,734
Threads: 665
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
What would happen if I keep on going back and I keep on clicking on the links time after time??
Does that help you guys?
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Posts: 8,614
Threads: 451
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
I'm not sure if they track cookies/IPs/etc... but I wouldn't think that they would care as long as you are viewing the page that is paying for the ad space.
Either way, I appreciate your interest and willingness to help out.
In case anyone is wondering, this is not a "get rich" program; since installing the ads (on November 14, 2004 on memorabilia.hipfans.com & the tracker), they have generated $1.49 in gross revenue from 4,586 ads displayed. The site costs about $100 per year + my time, so at this rate, it's just a pipe dream that the site will pay for itself.
Posts: 649
Threads: 40
Joined: Jun 2003
Reputation:
0
Chris, thanks for all the time, effort and money you have put in to creating your HipTracker. I use the site frequently and I will click the links on your page. I hope other users will support the HipTracker by doing this also. The Tracker is a great free resource and I hope Chris can at least break even.
:thumb:
Posts: 8,614
Threads: 451
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
This should help...
The Search Feature is working (it's not perfect, but I'm working on it).
Put in your search criteria, ignore the pull down menu for "(all types)", ignore the checkbox for "including dead", and don't hit search.
Skip to the second line of details and change the "active" pull down to "including dead" and then hit the "Display" button, the results will show up.
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
Just curious, how much revenue is it from each click on an add?
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 358
Threads: 17
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
Thought for the stats page:
Is there a way to put a list of the top-downloaded shows up?
That might be of interest to some new members.
Thanks as always for your efforts chris