Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Downie Tour Dates

tigerthelion88 Wrote:yaa arcade ended at 5am. -- pretty sweettt
checked my bbm and saw the edge's" josie update - "just watched arcade fire with Gordon Downie"

Video link??
Reply

I think that Josie meant she and Gord watched Arcade Fire, not that Gord performed with Arcade Fire.
Reply

chris Wrote:I think that Josie meant she and Gord watched Arcade Fire, not that Gord performed with Arcade Fire.

That definitely seems like the more likely scenario.
Reply

thompson girl Wrote:Interesting you're seeing two dates there Tthip. In this view, they only show the 23rd: http://tinyurl.com/4xkkawk
Downies site is also showing just the 23rd: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gorddownie.com/tour-information.html#July23">http://www.gorddownie.com/tour-information.html#July23</a><!-- m -->

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply

It is 22 & 23 :thumb:

want to be a nobody without peer
want to be a thought that's never done
want to shake your faith in human nature
want to break the hearts of everyone
want to be your wheezing screen door
want to be your stars of Algonquin
want to be your roaring floorboard
want to break the hearts of everyone
Reply

Did anyone opt for the dinner and\or wine packages last year? If so, was it worth it?

"we've only got three hundred feet to go ..."
Reply

Gord Downie's website now lists two shows at the Jackson Triggs Winery on July 22 & 23:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://gorddownie.com/tour-information.html">http://gorddownie.com/tour-information.html</a><!-- m -->

I will be attending the show on Friday, July 22 with my wife.
Reply

Tthip Wrote:Gord Downie and The Country of Miracles
Harvest Picnic with Daniel Lanois and Friends
Christie Lake Conservation Area
Dundas, ON
[youtube]WS39NBW7joc[/youtube]

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply

My wife and I just happened to be in Ontario last year when GD was at Jackson Triggs and some family gave us tickets. The show was amazing - though it's not listed as GD and TCOM...just GD. Is the band playing with him? The show was amazing. I would've passed on the food personally, but the tix were gifts so I partook. Great venue. Really fun being outside in the lawn chairs - and it's still stadium seating so there's not a bad seat in the house. Would go back in a second.

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply

July 22nd in Niagara -- Gord solo stuff in the middle of a Hip summer tour!

Cool beans!

I hope the trackers get it captured, despite Gord's want for things to

"disappear as they happen"...
Reply

My wife and I are going Friday, July 22nd. I received an event reminder e-mail from Jackson Triggs Winery where the concert will take place. It stated the show on July 23rd is sold out and limited tickets were available for the 22nd.

I saw a photo of this small outdoor amphitheater. It looks like the capacity would be around 300-400 people. Does anyone who has attended a show here before know the actual capacity? It should be an interesting show. I think Gord is performing by himself.
Reply

Hugh23 Wrote:I saw a photo of this small outdoor amphitheater. It looks like the capacity would be around 300-400 people. Does anyone who has attended a show here before know the actual capacity?elf.
i am not sure of the capacity but here is a picture of the cool looking seating from the stage: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://yfrog.com/h38ohbvpj">http://yfrog.com/h38ohbvpj</a><!-- m -->

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply

can anyone confirm that this is with TCOM?
Reply

Here is the picture I have of Jackson Triggs Amphitheater:

[Image: 5958614201_e91b02d03d.jpg]
Reply

The venue is really, really cool. Everyone who goes will like it. The audience last year was pretty subdued until part way into the second set. Chancellor was started and it must have clicked. More standing and dancing after that - there was even a group that formed at the front for the encore. It was a good night.

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)