Posts: 2,255
Threads: 36
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
thats cool trevor you are close to jamie and I, definitely gotta remember to keep the arms down.
Posts: 18
Threads: 2
Joined: Oct 2006
Reputation:
0
I was RLFLR for Pearl Jam, seat 42-43 (or so) and was just 4 seats in from the right aisle. Great view.
Posts: 1,016
Threads: 43
Joined: Jun 2006
Reputation:
0
Geez. Okay, I guess I must live closest to the ACC.....
Tonight's show was good. Not as good as Oshawa for me, but good nontheless.
I finally got to hear Fiddler's and being a girl and all, I'll admit that I got teary eyed. It was nice.
I also got to hear LTR again. I love that song. It might be my new favourite.
There was nothing out-of-the-ordinary for me to report on. It was just a good 'ol Hip concert.
I figured we'd hear Fifty-mission cap, being in the Leaf's home rink and all. And we did.
I felt like I was back in the 'shwa for Meridian. They went into "Walking on the Moon" again during it.
I got a shout-out. Gord mentioned my name when he was naming people off. He also gave a shout out to my home town of Ajax. Whoo hoo!
Was the cover a Ramones tune? I thought it was but I could be wrong.
Looking forward to hearing when the summer concerts are announced. I may be making a trip out to my old stomping grounds on Citadel Hill!
Posts: 803
Threads: 36
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Ze cover was "Diamond Dogs" by David Bowie.
Solid if unspectacular show--virtually the same setlist as Ottawa, but with a few changes/additions/omissions:
* Lonely End of the Rink
* New Orleans is Sinking
* Fully Completely
* Bobcaygeon
* The Drop Off
* Ahead by a Century
* In View
* Poets
* Fiddler's Green
* World Container
* Springtime in Vienna
* At the Hundredth Meridian/Walking on the Moon
* Long Time Running
* The Kids Don't Get It
* Courage
* Wheat Kings
* Yer Not the Ocean
* Fifty Mission Cap
* Blow at High Dough
* Diamond Dogs (David Bowie)
* Family Band
* Fire in the Hole
* Little Bones
So yeah: solid. The audience was frothing over for the first two-thirds, but seemed to run out of a steam (with the exception of "Fifty" and "Blow"). The cover seemed to confuse most people, and the next two songs were a bit of a drag. Also, not hearing "Grace, Too" at the ACC seems criminal to me...but hey, no complaints. I had fun. And I'm anxiously awaiting the next time.
Steve
Posts: 30
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
I'm a long-time Hip fan and Hipbase member, but not one who posts often on Hipbase, not because I don't know what I'm talking about but because people on this blog love the Hip no matter what they do...even when what they do is mediocre or worse. I thought tonight's show was weak. I'm glad I made the trip to Barrie last Friday because this show really let me down and the Barrie show was great! When I heard Neil Young being played as part of the house music tonight, I thought we might be in line for a sweet encore. Didn't happen. Moreover, when the Hip start to rock, I don't want to hear Long Time Running Or Fiddler's Green. Please, what's so good about those songs!? I'd rather hear Vaccination Scar or No Threat...or anything but these tunes. I thought the Hip would rock Toronto tonight but they didn't...and a four song encore instead of a three song encore doesn't make me feel any better. That Bowie tune sucks even when Bowie sings it. Sorry if you can't handle the fact that the Hip shat the bed tonight.
Posts: 30
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Chris, are you "done" because you don't agree with me? This was a weak Hip show. I met you at the Phoenix about a week before the Dylan show in London and you told me that Dan Akroyd was in the house. You mentioned to me that he might jam with the Hip. Well, he didn't...and thank G-d he didn't! I don't want to see Dan (I was a Ghostbuster) Akkroyd jam with the Hip. I want to see the Hip! By the way, that Dylan show in London was not so good either, Bob never got up from his piano and he pretty much went through the motions that night...playing to the crowd and then moving on to the next city. Chris, I respect your opinion because you know what you're talking about and not because you're approaching 5000 posts, but the guy who posted after me is wrong. While I agree that LTR and Fiddler's are good tunes, they are the last tunes I want to hear in the middle of a good-hard-rock-and-roll Tragically Hip set.
Posts: 30
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Thanks Dannya2...for respecting my opinion. That's what it's all about. Listening to opinions and then giving your own without disrespecting someone elses.
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
Chris's final post / 5000th wasn't even a review.
...dick.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston