Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

A Bird's-Eye View of a Bird's-Eye View
#16

laliber Wrote:I have recently created a Google Earth file showing locations of places mentioned in various Hip songs as well as tour locations for the last 3 years . I have also added it to the The Hip Story Project.

It is a first draft and comments are welcome in order to refine it....

wyman

Google Earth Post :
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/532886/an/0/page/8#532886">http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthreaded ... e/8#532886</a><!-- m -->

Bump.

Well, I'll be damned.

I first saw this thread when it came out.
Then I noticed the good people at google had noticed and blogged about it.
Well, now it's used as an example of cool things on the Google Earth and Music Download page.

Nice work to all that have contributed!

http://download-earth.org/googleearth/go...and-music/

ok, just noticed this wasn't a google page, but it's cool and a great tool/thing/widget none-the-less.

MAv.
Reply
#17

Just a note... even though there is now a Google Maps download option (something Google added recently) it does not work very well, as it
does not load the song locations - except for Save the planet (perhaps a message from Google?). If you want to download the full file use the View in Google Earth link instead.

When I have some time over the Christmas break I hope to update the file including World Container lyrics (Moonbeam et al.) and bring the tour locations file back to 2000 - I want to try out the new timestamp feature :jump

Thanks for the bump MAv

I like the mixed up reference on the blog to that great Canadian music band Group of Seven with Art (the Blister) Lismer on lead Vocals….ect… :thumb:
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)