Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Joined: Jul 2005
Reputation:
0
hey all
Myself ( aka Coffee shop Dave ) and MAv, Paul, Rob and Billy went to red cliff. this is the camp site for the salmon fest and rob play it there around the fire for some fans. I think it went over real well.......it was a wild night!
Posts: 47
Threads: 1
Joined: May 2005
Reputation:
0
hey dave it was nice to meet ya out at red cliff i'll probably stop by the shop next time i'm out in grand falls coachin baseball. and u better have some hip pics up on the wall too lol
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Wheat_King_Gus Wrote:Yeah, it's not on any of my bootlegs, but I figured it was just a rarity. I had no idea that they've never done it. Is there any particular reason?
Legend has it, that the song was written for Gord Downie's nephew who died at a young age, originally they planned not to release it on Road Apples but the boy's mother asked them to put it on and they did. Gord is believed to have said that the song is for him and no-one else so they wont play it live. Did I miss anything guys? As for meeting the band, what can I tell ya, its all about chance and being in the right place at the right time I guess, your best chance of meeting the band is to see them play in the US at a small venue, preferably away from the border shows like detroit and buffalo. Wait outside at the tour bus and you will probably see them, or you may meet them inside, who knows? This has been talked about alot on the site, and lots of Hipbasers have stories about meeting the band, do a search and you will find lots Im sure, thats all I can tell you, that or win a contest to meet the band. :lol:
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 47
Threads: 1
Joined: May 2005
Reputation:
0
Step 1: Always have beer.....and lots of it
Step 2: Bring a guitar along no matter where u go
Step 3: Always sing hip songs no matter how poorly lol it seemed to work for me friday night lol
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Joined: Jul 2005
Reputation:
0
Hey all
Any time you are in grand falls - windsor drop by the coffee shop and we will talk some HIP.
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
kleh Wrote:can you post a link?
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thehip.com">www.thehip.com</a><!-- w -->
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 994
Threads: 33
Joined: Dec 2004
Reputation:
0
yikes, im an idiot
thanks
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
kleh Wrote:yikes, im an idiot
thanks
LOL, sorry I couldn't resist.. :oops:
:thumb:
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 994
Threads: 33
Joined: Dec 2004
Reputation:
0
hahah no worries, i actually laughed when i read the reply! :lol:
Posts: 326
Threads: 33
Joined: Sep 2004
Reputation:
0
I'd love to hear anyones thoughts on the new tune!