Posts: 312
Threads: 13
Joined: Aug 2003
Reputation:
0
I just watched the webcast of Floyd's performance and all I can say is WOW. David Gilmour possesses the most amazing sense of dynamics when it comes to his soloing. I'm not going to hold my breath, but I would love to see even that 4 song set once more...
Posts: 2,211
Threads: 39
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
Gilmour is one of the great guitarists, without question, but he really only started to be recognized as such after Pink Floyd was more or less history.
Posts: 3,827
Threads: 363
Joined: Oct 2002
Reputation:
0
after we played the floyd set on-air, the phone lines lit up to play it again..so we did!!!
Posts: 1,618
Threads: 125
Joined: Sep 2004
Reputation:
0
I had a chance to see Waters back in 2000 (I think 2000?) at the Moslon Amphitheatre. Not to sound crazy or anything but it was a life changing experience to me. I always loved Pink Floyd, but to see Waters performance just hit me like no other concert before. A truly incredible concert which made me an even huger Floyd fan.
I really hope this may have opened the door for a possible reunion tour. Heck anyone that knows the break up past of Floyd, it was just a huge deal they were on stage together at all........
Was it just me or did anyone else notice how happy Waters seemed to be? Every time they showed him he had a big smile on his face. I would have liked to see a little more interaction between the boys to see how well they are getting along.
Crossing my fingers for next summer.............
Posts: 1,172
Threads: 49
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
Couldn't agree with you more...seeing the Floyd play together on Saturday was pretty darn cool...here's hoping they tour the world....forever!!
Goulet!!!
Posts: 1,618
Threads: 125
Joined: Sep 2004
Reputation:
0
Anyone who is interested, Q107 has a link to the full Pink Floyd set.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q107.com">www.q107.com</a><!-- w -->
at the bottm left