Posts: 875
Threads: 42
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
So far so good. U2 and Coldplay have been great.
Nice to see Ashcroft sing with Coldplay. What ever happened to him. Is he still releasing music on his own?
Posts: 1,593
Threads: 154
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
i have my dvr taping all day on ctv so i will have the entire day recorded
now i have to go to work . i want to stay home and watch this coldplay w/ richard ascroft of the doing bittersuite symphony was great
ron
Posts: 6,675
Threads: 359
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
Hey folks! I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here too. It's the official performance schedule for the Barrie show. The Hip are on at 6:18 pm eastern.
11:00 a.m.: Dan Ackroyd and Tom Green
11:05 a.m.: Tom Cochrane
11:23 a.m.: Sam Roberts
11:45 a.m.: Bryan Adams
12:05 p.m.: Worldwide "Click"
12:15 p.m.: Bobacaraco w/K'Naan
12:40 p.m.: Simple Plan
12:55 p.m.: Geldof on tape
1:02 p.m.: Bruce Cockburn
1:24 p.m.: Le Trois Accords
1:49 a.m.: Randy Bachman/Burton Cummings
2:14 p.m.: Deep Purple
2:39 p.m.: Great Big Sea
3:04 p.m.: African Guitar Summit
3:29 p.m.: Blue Rodeo
3:48 p.m.: Celine Dion (taped from Las Vegas)
3:55 p.m.: Gordon Lightfoot
4:18 p.m.: Our Lady Peace
4:56 p.m.: Jet
5:21 p.m.: Jann Arden
5:48 p.m.: Motley Crue
6:18 p.m.: The Tragically Hip
6:43 p.m.: DMC (with special guests)
7:08 p.m.: Barenaked Ladies
7:33 p.m.: Neil Young
7:51 p.m.: Finale
Notice Celine Dion's "taped" performance from Las Vegas. How classy of her.
Posts: 138
Threads: 12
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
In case there's anyone who still doesn't realize, you can watch six of the concerts, including the Barrie one, at AOL's site. You don't have to be a member. Just surf there. They have streaming audio as well, if you're stuck with a dial-up modem.
Cheers,
John
Posts: 969
Threads: 16
Joined: Apr 2003
Reputation:
0
Thanks for the tip - i'm watching Gordon Lightfoot now... damn it's sooo sunny in Barrie! 8)
Posts: 329
Threads: 23
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
not to start a riot around here, but doesn't it look like it's much more mellow in barrie compared to everywhere else?
all the performers in london and everywhere else are riling up the crowd, in canada it looks like the crowd is falling asleep, i figured jet or sam roberts would pump everybody up, and even though they tried it seemed like there was almost no reaction.. biggest reaction that i've noticed so far was when Will Smith introduced canada/barrie... hopefully the hip bring some life to the party... I know I would be singing along and shouting if I were there.
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Neil was great, its nice to see him performing again, even for only a couple tunes, awesome!
Anybody know who that assclown covered with the tattoos hogging the mic at the end was? He was a terd.
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 374
Threads: 2
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
Neil was incredible...hard to believe he had brain surgery a few months ago. He just rocks!
That guy with all the tattoos was a loser...I think he is a member of DMC. Speaking of which, was I seeing things or was that Warrick from CSI performing with them???
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
o78 Wrote:Speaking of which, was I seeing things or was that Warrick from CSI performing with them???
Thats what I said! I think it was? How weird is that? :lol:
I just found out who that tattooed asshead was: Josh Todd former lead singer of Buckcherry.. :roll:
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 980
Threads: 86
Joined: Nov 2002
Reputation:
0
buckcherry...as in "lit up"... ??? or something like that..yeah he deserves to be beside canada's greatest :roll:
And yeah that was CSI Brown for sure.