Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Live 8 (SOLD OUT)
#16

Same here
Reply
#17

150,000 tickets gone in 10 minutes??????????? This sucks
Reply
#18

probably more like 38,000
Reply
#19

try like 35 000
Reply
#20

I thought park capacity was ~ 38,000.

I'm sure more will free up as tickets don't get picked up. Says tickets must be picked up by June 30th. I'd be checking out ticketmaster.ca bright and early on July 1st.

Kevin
Reply
#21

oh well, off to phili....if anyone has any extras, keep me in mind.
Reply
#22

brian1175 Wrote:150,000 tickets gone in 10 minutes??????????? This sucks
Molson Park's legal capacity is 38,000. The claim of 150,000 people that Michael Cohl made is crap!

Add to that the number of tickets that will be given away to contest winners, and you're probably down closer to 30,000.
Reply
#23

Does anyone know if/when it will be televised?
Reply
#24

the concert has been advertised on every radio and tv news cast for the last couple days so the amount of time it took doesnt surprise me. According to CTV there was a total of 35,000 tickets. But then theres the radio promotion tickets, tv promotion tickets etc etc.

Concert will air on CTV
Reply
#25

Thanks gratts!! TV will be my only option to catch the show Sad
Reply
#26

Hot sweaty day with 35,000 ppl and depending on where your standing...crowd surfers+ long drive and beer money

vs

Couch and Tv coverage...(last time i went to edge fest with the hip, i never even saw the stage)

and maybe even dvd if were lucky enough *crosses fingers
Reply
#27

[quote="gratts99"]Hot sweaty day with 35,000 ppl and depending on where your standing...crowd surfers+ long drive and beer money

vs

Couch and Tv coverage...(last time i went to edge fest with the hip, i never even saw the stage)

I agree. I was at the last Edgefest with the Hip also, and as great as it is live, sometimes it's nice to not have to deal with the crowd. Nothing worse than spending the whole time trying to see over the person a head of you Tongue....although, I probably would have tried to get tickets if my husband had Saturday off work!
Reply
#28

gratts99 Wrote:Hot sweaty day with 35,000 ppl and depending on where your standing...crowd surfers+ long drive and beer money

vs

Couch and Tv coverage...(last time i went to edge fest with the hip, i never even saw the stage)

and maybe even dvd if were lucky enough *crosses fingers
\

you know what.... you just gave me a better outlook on not getting tickets, yeah i might not be there, but hell, the beer is going to be a hell of a lot cheaper!! Thanks!
Reply
#29

Truthfully, I just need my live Hip fix for the summer and this may be the only chance. Hot sweaty day or not, I'll take the experience over the couch. I guess its like a Buffalo Bills game...I'd much rather be part of the action than watch from the couch. However if it is a pouring rainy and muddy day, the couch sounds like a great idea.
Reply
#30

Drez7 Wrote:Truthfully, I just need my live Hip fix for the summer and this may be the only chance. Hot sweaty day or not, I'll take the experience over the couch. I guess its like a Buffalo Bills game...I'd much rather be part of the action than watch from the couch. However if it is a pouring rainy and muddy day, the couch sounds like a great idea.
Same for goes me. I'm a sucker for a live concert in general, throw in Sam Roberts, Blue Rodeo and The Hip and I'm there for sure.

You know I wonder if some of the media outlets will change their tune on the evening news, or with tomorrows headlines with regards to the fast sell out of a show stacked with "has beens" and "tragically un-hip" acts???
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)