Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
tommygunn Wrote:LizardKing51 Wrote:tommygunn Wrote:LaminarFlow Wrote:Notice the first track is a live Rolling Stones number. Foreshadowing? Hmmm...
Where do you get this being a live track from?
Because the song he chose was from the "Live Licks" album.
Oh, ok. No evidence of that from the above capture though. :?
yeah, the attachment left out the actual playlist, I have iTunes, trust me it's there :wink:
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 8,614
Threads: 451
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
Mr. Dame posted this in a separate thread...
1) “Gimme Shelter” The Rolling Stones: “What can you say? The greatest opening guitar rift/tone ever- all hail Keith; a wicked vocal performance by Jagger that barely stacks up against Merry Clayton’s backgrounds. They never played it that good ever again.”
2) “It Had To Be You” Ray Charles: “This was the third track on Atlantic All Star Showcase ’65 that I listened to constantly as a pup. I grew up with this vocal take as the yardstick to measure all others. Few can match it. I got to see Ray sing it live in Vegas a few years before he died and I believed every word. He made my wife cry!”
3) “Wake Up Little Susie” The Everly Brothers: “A great, simple little story with a fantastic melody and harmony. My mom had a 78 backed with “Bye Bye Love” that we’d listen to over and over.”
4) “Dreams” Fleetwood Mac: “I can’t even imagine leaving Stevie if she were singing this song to me.”
5) “California Girls” The Beach Boys: “The intro has a real sadness to it, a sunset on the beach, end of summer quality that is perfectly balanced by the pop of the body of the song. It’s perfect Brian.”
6) “Life’s What You Make It” Talk Talk: “One wicked piano riff and an equally wicked guitar line, repeated over and over. It’s the simplicity, like “Rebel Rebel,” that makes it so great- that, and the beautiful melody and lyrical sentiment. It’s perfect.”
7) “Waiting In Vain” Bob Marley And The Wailers: “I love everything Bob did, I just love this one the most. It’s brimming with beautiful melodies from all the players.”
8 ) “It Makes No Difference” The Band: “The best love song ever. Listening to it underscores the tragedy of losing Rick Danko and Richard Manuel.”
9) “Satisfaction” Otis Redding: “This is all about performance: Otis, Steve Cropper, Duck, Booker T, Al Jackson, Memphis Horns- it’s Stax at its best. It exemplifies the perfection that can be achieved by great musicians playing together live in the studio. Are you a pro or a tool?”
1O) “Heroes” David Bowie: The song would be incredible if it were just D and an acoustic guitar, but with Eno’s production, Adrian Belew’s haunting guitar lines? I love it more everytime I hear it.