Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

2005-04-02 - MTS Centre - Winnipeg, MB
#16

That was unbelievable. I never would have predicted those song choices, and I couldn't be happier! That was so awesome! My brother and I were freaking out! Smile
Reply
#17

WOW!!! Amazing energy, I was moving to that music. They dont play that good on TV ever, that was amazing!!
Reply
#18

I knew I had heard those lines before. The Weakerthans are here in Kingston tonight -- I wonder if they watched. I think I'll have to pass along the news.

That was incredible. They are and will always be my favourite band. That combined with KD Lang made the evening.

Cheers

Pat
Reply
#19

WOW! A huge congratulations to the Hip...they were in fantastic form tonight. The DVD footage was great..can't wait for the whole package!!!!

:thumb: Big Grin :thumb:
Reply
#20

The tribute was well done--all walks of Canadian life sang praise for the Hip. It really shows people the infleunce the Hip have on everyone in the country. Very pround to be a hip fan
Reply
#21

I taped the performance, and it is now up on the tracker.

Kevin
Reply
#22

I thought the PM's comments were classic, especially about bobbys hair
Reply
#23

They were definitely in good form. And that (hopefully) DVD footage was amazing.

Billy Talent looked like amateurs trying to follow them.
Reply
#24

Can you imagine what the people thought when Gord said "you wouldn't last 5 seconds without me".... he then walked away and crossed his arms......just the whole bit about the Mic at a non-hip show... was cool

and the ....of my father..."Mr. Paul Langlois" bit in Fully...

Nice Toque, good groove - Don Cherry should've inducted them though!

jeffro
Reply
#25

skippy Wrote:Billy Talent looked like amateurs trying to follow them.

I actually thought the Billy Talent performance was pretty sweet. High energy those young kids have, with their bippin and the boppin...
Reply
#26

everytime gordie does the "said im tragically hip'' intro i think of the snl performance and the funny look he does when there's no reaction from the crowd

such a great live band, cant wait to see em live again, congratulations guys
Reply
#27

That was fantastic. I guess the clips of them playing Meridian were from the Toronto show that will be released for a DVD eventually?

Nov 19, 1996 Winnipeg, MB
Jul 23, 1997 Winnipeg, MB
Feb 26, 1999 Winnipeg, MB
Oct 1, 2002 Winnipeg, MB
Oct 2, 2002 Winnipeg, MB
Nov 23, 2004 Winnipeg, MB
Jan 20, 2007 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 7, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 9, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 10, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 11, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Jul 7, 2011 Winnipeg, MB
Dec 1, 2012 Fargo, ND
Jan 26, 2013 Winnipeg, MB
Jan 28, 2013 Brandon, MB
Feb 14, 2015 Winnipeg, MB
Aug 5, 2016 Winnipeg, MB
Reply
#28

thecompletist Wrote:Don Cherry should've inducted them though!

Harmer was a great choice with her Kingston connection, her love of the band, and her own beautiful musical talent.

Don would've said "dese guys rock better dan Europeans or does wimpy French guys" and, frankly, that's neither my Canada nor my Hip.
Reply
#29

The band was spectacular tonight! Gord was so into it that I couldn't keep the smile off my face!

I can't wait for that dvd now, from the mini-preview it looks great!

I can't wait to see these guys live again, they are so freaking amazing live!!
Reply
#30

It's been a while since i've seen gord go nuts like that. He was fucked, and it was spectacular. Nice to see the respect from alex and geddy too.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)