Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Is it even POSSIBLE to uninstall Internet Explorer??
#16

We're allowed to say asses on hipbase?? WHOOOOOOOO ASSES!!!!!!!!WOOOO
Reply
#17

Thanks for all the help offered, folks. Some good tips, and I've tried everything except Scott's suggestion (ran out of time at home). I'll try it later, see what happens. To others who offered ideas, IE is in my Windows Components list but as I said before I couldn't successfully uninstall it from there (even though it seemed to run through the uninstall-and-reboot process). Also, I couldn't upgrade or reinstall the same version over itself. I went for every upgrade available, and it wouldn't let me reinstall it over itself.

I've still officially given up. As soon as I heard from someone else that they couldn't uninstall it either, I pretty much lost all patience with it. It would be nice if Scott's idea worked, but I've been using Navigator since my IE was violated so very long ago and I'll never go back. I just wanted to get IE off my computer once and for all.
Reply
#18

Try searching this site's knowledge database or asking your question on its forums:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.annoyances.org/">http://www.annoyances.org/</a><!-- m -->

"Annoyances.org is the most complete collection of information assembled for and by actual users of Microsoft Windows..."

Nice site :thumb:
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)