04-13-2007, 05:08 PM
For me, this is the best matchup yet.
Boots or Hearts is my first memory of the hip. Particularly "Fingers and toes, Fingers and toes, the 40 things we share, 41 if you inculde the fact that we don't care." I was really young when I first heard this song, but it was the first song to get me thinking "What is this guy talking about?" Which led me to discover 100 other songs that got me thinking the same thing.
Escape is quite the opposite. The first time I heard that song, I didn't really like it. It was a song I downloaded, then deleted after a couple listens. Then, months later, when I actually bought Phantom Power, I listened to Escape again, and just couldn't get enough of it. It is a beautifully sounding song. Always gives me chills. I have loved it ever since.
So it comes down to the sentimental value of Boots vs. the hypnotizing enjoyment of Escape. Still not sure who I'm gonna pick.
Boots or Hearts is my first memory of the hip. Particularly "Fingers and toes, Fingers and toes, the 40 things we share, 41 if you inculde the fact that we don't care." I was really young when I first heard this song, but it was the first song to get me thinking "What is this guy talking about?" Which led me to discover 100 other songs that got me thinking the same thing.
Escape is quite the opposite. The first time I heard that song, I didn't really like it. It was a song I downloaded, then deleted after a couple listens. Then, months later, when I actually bought Phantom Power, I listened to Escape again, and just couldn't get enough of it. It is a beautifully sounding song. Always gives me chills. I have loved it ever since.
So it comes down to the sentimental value of Boots vs. the hypnotizing enjoyment of Escape. Still not sure who I'm gonna pick.

