Posts: 78
Threads: 5
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
I try to pride myself on not complaining however I was surprised at the last two set lists in Lancaster and NYC nite 1.
12 songs repeated. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed both nights however the effort to make it to the shows and struggle through work the next day are usually rewarded with a huge variety from the catalog. Am I setting my expectations too high?
Am I out of line here?
Posts: 56
Threads: 1
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
What time did the hip hit the stage last night?
Thanks,
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
I'm still thinking it's They Killed Him by Kris Kristofferson.
I'll search the lyrics, and post them. Maybe somebody can confirm.
EDIT:
Lyrics:
There was a man named Mahatma Ghandi
He would not bow down, he would not fight
He knew the deal was down and dirty
And nothing wrong could make it right away
But he knew his duty, and the price he had to pay
Just another holy man who tried to make a stand
My god! They killed him!
Another man from Atlanta, Georgia
By the name of Martin Luther King
He shook the land like rolling thunder
And made the bells of freedom ring today
With a dream of beauty that they could not burn away
Just another holy man who dared to be a friend
My god! They killed him!
The only son of God Almighty
The holy one called Jesus Christ
Healed the lame and fed the hungry
And for his love they took his life away
On the road to glory where the story never ends
Just the holy son of man we'll never understand
My god! They killed him!
Sing about Mahatma Ghandi
Sing of Martin Luther King
Sing Of Jesus Christ Almighty
And the brothers Kennedy
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 289
Threads: 5
Joined: Jan 2007
Reputation:
0
This from my very kick-ass roommate who was there last night and plans on donating her "Paul kicks ass" shirt to Paul tonight:
It was Johnny Appleseed by Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros. You can listen to a little piece of it... check it:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/Global-Go-Go-Joe-Strummer-Mescaleros/dp/B00005M98E/ref=m_art_li_1/002-8123504-3874465">http://www.amazon.com/Global-Go-Go-Joe- ... 04-3874465</a><!-- m -->
Funny, her guess was the cover would either be The Clash or The Ramones. You know, the whole NY thing. Joe is the only active member of The Clash, I believe. Go Ryan!!!
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
I wouldn't call Joe Strummer too "active".
Born August 21, 1952 in Ankara, Turkey.
Died December 22nd, 2002 in Broomfield, England.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 1,211
Threads: 99
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
I'm predicting much more variety tonight...I'd wager on Flamenco, Escape and another rarity...
Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress
Posts: 289
Threads: 5
Joined: Jan 2007
Reputation:
0
Well, she got the song right anyway! Good call on his "activity" level though. Heh...