05-01-2009, 05:20 PM
skippy the wonder dog Wrote:Billy Wrote:If this were just my wife and I we would have gone for sure, but would any of you want to take your young kids into a situation that could put them in potential danger like that?
1. The media and WHO have blown this way out of proportion.
2. That doesn't mean the risk isn't real.
Good on WestJet for allowing the change. In your place I might have cancelled my flight before they got around to it.
I agree on all accounts.
Right before we got word from Westjet that they would switch our trip, I asked my wife to make the decision to cancel or go because I didn't want to. My gut and head told me not to go but I wanted my wife to make the decision. She often says to me "First thought, best thought" so when I asked her to decide I told her to stick with first thought best thought and she said she didn't think we should go. Right after that we got word that Westjet would switch for us and now we're off to a much nicer resort in the Dominican for the exact same price. Perhaps Mazatlan will be next years trip.

