Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

World Cup
#46

Detrious Wrote:What do you think about Joe Cole in your midfield gap? He had some excellent games, although did throw in some stinkers..

He was brilliant vs. Sweden, but was utterly anonymous in the knock-out stages. He *could* work on the left side...but the point remains, he's not a natural left-footed player. Stewart Downing is, and I wish he'd get a better shot at claiming the left-sided midfield position as his own. Under McClaren, he should; also, Downing is a brilliant crosser of the ball, and if David Beckham won't be as prominent a member of the team in future then it would make sense to use Downing more often.

As for Aaron Lennon, I think he's perfect as a late-game sub: bring him on when the other team's defenders are tired and then unleash him. I'm a big fan of using speed to kill later on in a match...works a charm in Football Manager, anyway. :mrgreen:

Steve
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)