Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

06/21/08 - Belleville, Ontario - Zwick's Park
#27

I was super pumped for yesterdays show. I guess I was expecting to possibly hear a new track or at least some lyrics disguised as ranting/rambling somewhere in the mix.

It was a beautiful day for the event. (IMO perfect weather, the sun was hidden throughout most of the event and it was still quite warm out)

I guess I really have the same opinion of this show as it seems a fair number of other Hipbasers do according to their comments... The first few songs had my complete attention, but then as the show went on, I found myself barely even paying attention to what was going on... I can't honestly say that it's The Hip's fault that I seemed to lose interest as they did an amazing job all night, but I guess it just wasn't quite the same for me as some of the previous shows have been.

In reality though, I think my discontent has more to do with myself than anything else... I always end up getting into a situation where I can't see shit and then I just let my quiet frustration eat away at me...

We had an excellent place to stand and watch from for some of SRB as well as the first few songs from The Hip... So good in fact, that instead of trying to make our way up closer to the front, we refrained as we had an excellent view with a fair amount of standing room (which of course you expect to fill up)...

But as the show goes on more and more people are trying to pack themselves in and we found ourselves completely surrounded by people who were completely wasted and pushing and shoving their way in front of us... There were literally two people within a couple of feet from us who completely passed out and had to be carried away by their friends, and we seen a couple more guys all banged up getting dragged away or pulled through the crowd by (what would appear to be) their girlfriends...

For the first time, I actually left a Hip concert feeling sort of empty... I can't really look back upon anything that made it special or stand out from the rest and make me go "Wow, that was fuckin' awesome."

Hopefully i'll have a better experience to report on about the show in Ottawa on July 3rd!
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)