04-14-2008, 07:02 PM
skippy the wonder dog Wrote:I liked the suggestion from HNIC, that no rule change was necessary.
Avery should have received a misconduct, plain and simple. He was clearly inciting. If he'd tried that with someone like Ron Hextall, he'd have been out for the rest of the playoffs.
Avery is a good player. I wish he wasn't such a jackass and a punk, though. If the NHL didn't have such crappy officiating and rule changes, the actions of Avery would have resulted in him being knocked out of the game via vicious cross check or spear. But, alas, defenseman aren't allowed to even breathe on players in front anymore, which allows for rats to stand in front at all times without harm. Unfortunately, players can't police themselves anymore. Seriously, I mean, seriously, Avery, by all rights, should have been pummeled by a Devils player for his actions. Yes, Hextall would have tried to injury Avery, but, with today's rules, Hextall would have also found himself probably suspended for the playoffs. Brodeur could have whacked Avery in the face, which Avery deserved, but it doesn't do NJ much good for their best player to risk a suspension. Thus, I have to watch Avery act like a clown and the NHL prevents any retribution. Yep, this new NHL is so awesome.
cratch: BTW, that tripping call on the Bruins player in the second game of the series, in overtime, was a horrible call.

