Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Random thought
#6

srb Wrote:
sean.bonner Wrote:I had a random thought the other day too about The Hip.

Another setlist thought!

Would it be cool if The Hip opened up with a slow acoustic song. Just think; a concert where the opener is The New Maybe. At the very end, thunderous drums overpower the outro, and Grace, Too starts. I know that Peter Gabriel starts with Father, Son and Here Comes The Flood at concerts sometimes. Really cool effect with starting with a slow one, if you ask me.
Am I the only one that wouldn't mind seeing this a couple times?

I think there is too much energy & excitement in the crowd as the band finally comes out on stage, to bring the mood down suddenly & kick off a show with an acoustic tune....just my thoughts...

You know I would have thought so too but the last time we saw Sammy, he opened with a very "mysterious and eeerrrrrry" version of Mystified, Heavy. It was quite a change in pace but I kinda liked it.

For me, there is still something special with Grace as the opener.

*EDIT: And sorry to hijack your thread Rory. I think I will answer your question now!! :?

I have also had both experiences and the each have their pros and cons. I think I like seeing them a couple of times in a row. Especially with how varied the setlists have been. Plus, being able to see them 3 times in 4 nights will be a different experience altogether for me! I think it will be quite amazing!
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)