Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

05/11/07: Chicago: House Of Blues
#13

john cage Wrote:Show was decent, but not so much for me (company excluded). A bunch of Doods in nifty matching shirts showed up and really crowded the minimal space I had (this was by the soundboard, too) - I think I overheard one of them was getting married soon so of course they were hammered. Thankfully they left early (please don't return tonight). Also, HoB forbade the camera - they said Hip Production wouldn't allow it (which I find odd) and I think they lied about asking in the first place. So boo to you, HoB.

Yeah, I saw those knuckleheads near the soundboard, too. And, I too got hassled with my camera... although they did let me in with it. A Nikon digital SLR. I blew it when the security guy at the front asked me if I needed a photo pass and I said, "No, they're cool with people shooting at their shows." I should have just said yes and seen what happened.

One of the beer girls going through the crowd pulled a real a-hole move... which, I fell for like a dope. She told me she could get me to a better, closer spot... but just took me over to one of the security guards who asked me to leave. So I went to the back and laid low for a few minutes. Then later near the soundboard, some security guard told me I couldn't shoot because I had a "professional camera"... which I think to them is any camera that is not silver. Not the sharpest tools in the shed. I had a bit to drink, but I'm pretty sure I was standing right near the guys that were recording the friggin' show with thier monsterous rigs. I've never had a problem at the HOB at previous Hip shows. We'll see what happens tonight.


kevin
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)