05-07-2007, 10:47 AM
The results of this matchup are the most shocking to me than any thus far.
I love Penguin; it's been one of my favorites since PP came out. Yet I'll be the first to say without hesitation that it doesn't hold a candle to Cordelia.
Penguin is a good song that I happen to like alot -- probably more than deserved.
Cordelia, on the other hand, is one of the most brilliant exploits of tight, raw, undiluted guitar / bass riffs and tenacious, empassioned lead vocals I've EVER heard from ANY band.
I'll re-state a disclaimer I often use: we all have our unique tastes and affinities, and what draws one to a particular band's style of music or catalog may differ greatly from that of another....
That said, sometimes I feel that some of this band's most remarkable, significant contributions to the world of guitar-driven rock music go virtually unrecognized by even its own fans. If Cordelia had been written by The Rolling Stones or Led Zeppelin or The Who, etc., you'd be hearing that song every day on every classic rock station on Planet Earth.
I love Penguin; it's been one of my favorites since PP came out. Yet I'll be the first to say without hesitation that it doesn't hold a candle to Cordelia.
Penguin is a good song that I happen to like alot -- probably more than deserved.
Cordelia, on the other hand, is one of the most brilliant exploits of tight, raw, undiluted guitar / bass riffs and tenacious, empassioned lead vocals I've EVER heard from ANY band.
I'll re-state a disclaimer I often use: we all have our unique tastes and affinities, and what draws one to a particular band's style of music or catalog may differ greatly from that of another....
That said, sometimes I feel that some of this band's most remarkable, significant contributions to the world of guitar-driven rock music go virtually unrecognized by even its own fans. If Cordelia had been written by The Rolling Stones or Led Zeppelin or The Who, etc., you'd be hearing that song every day on every classic rock station on Planet Earth.

