Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

04/24/07: New York: Irving Plaza
#9

The Heron Outside Wrote:From what I've got...

Ocean
New O
Fully
Drop Off
Gus
BobC
Poets
Family Band
Wheat
Pretend
Meridian
Long Time
Kids
Springtime
Kids
ABAC
View
Blow
---
(Cover...Swore it was Dylan...Rob played that mandolin thing he used during In View at the Holiday Jam...)
Rink
Fire

Solid show...Gord and Billy Ray have a serious synergy...Gord would toss a hanky into the crowd, spin and catch another from Billy, lurking in the shadows...

But...in 30 shows, this I say without a trace of regret...The Cons blew Das Hips outta the water...I think I ever knew that before Das Hips took the stage...The Cons came out with this movie screen still blocking the entire stage...Thy start tuning up, and fucking tear through a set laced with two new tunes...Spoke t'Will, the keyboardist after...they're called "Hard Feelings" and "Shower of Stones"...The first of which could be better than anything on Canadian radio these days...A tune with a real swagger and sway to it...

Good crowd, much tamer than I'd thought, given the heavy contingent of meatheads milling about before the show...The "Fillmore East" as they call it, what a room...Anyway, here's hoping for more tomorrow...

I'm sure they didn't play kids twice did they?
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)