Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

01/26/07: Barrie: Barrie Molson Centre
#42

lampshade29 Wrote:I was so lucky to have gotten sixth row centre tickets for this show....I assume anyone on this board would have felt the same. I was saddened to see the lack of excitement from the people around me. The first five rows did NOT stand up for the first song. Gord took it in stride and mocked them by sitting on the moniter acting disinterested. People sat through a lot of the show and didn't move or anything. Gord seemed to be frusterated at times...but he seemed to work even harder to get the crowd going. After Fire in the Hole he made some great comments about how the crowd FINALLY stood up. He also said before the Weight that this is one you should recognize and if you don't you can "Siiiit dowwwwn...take it eaaassssyyy!" Classic Gord. So, this is to us hipbasers and fellow music lovers...make sure you have fun...enjoy these shows and give the energy back to the band. They deserve the appreciation. I know this isn't needed here....but I was really frusterated at points last night.


John

Thank you for posting this. I thought it was just me. I was in the second row and I was the ONLY one standing for Rink. I felt like the whole arena was staring at me. Throughout the show I looked around a couple times and I'd say maybe 25% of the crowd was really into it. The other 75% seemed like they won free tickets and never heard a hip song before. I don't know. Amazing show but I, too, was frustrated with the audience.
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)