02-09-2007, 11:23 AM
What a fantastic show! For me, it's tied with night 1 at the Pheonix when I was front row dead centre. Last night I was front row but the first seat on the left side which was a bit of an obstructed view but still special.
From my area, the sound was perfect and the band sounded awesome. I have no problems with the set. Which brings me to this:
All the complainers, seriously shut up. If you heard 38YO instead of Fiddlers you'd complain not hearing Fiddlers. Be happy they played a great set regardless of what favs you were expecting. It could have been alot worse too. It was quite special IMO to hear Fiddlers, Kings, LTR among the rest last night. Not to mention they were performed flawlessly. I understand that from seats further away the experience is different (like in Oshawa when anal-retentives sit for 2 hrs and ruin it), but still, appreciate what you saw and stop finding fault! Gord was outstanding and the band was as well. Great Hip experience last night!
Ok I will write one complaint, just to fit in: When Gord gave away the mic stands to the front left corner (twice) I was between both girls. :nooooo
To make it worse, the 2nd girl was not even in my row, she was standing infront of my seat the whole night for some reason to my left. I said "since this is my seat and not yours do I get that?" Obviously kidding and she wasn't gonna bite
From my area, the sound was perfect and the band sounded awesome. I have no problems with the set. Which brings me to this:
All the complainers, seriously shut up. If you heard 38YO instead of Fiddlers you'd complain not hearing Fiddlers. Be happy they played a great set regardless of what favs you were expecting. It could have been alot worse too. It was quite special IMO to hear Fiddlers, Kings, LTR among the rest last night. Not to mention they were performed flawlessly. I understand that from seats further away the experience is different (like in Oshawa when anal-retentives sit for 2 hrs and ruin it), but still, appreciate what you saw and stop finding fault! Gord was outstanding and the band was as well. Great Hip experience last night!
Ok I will write one complaint, just to fit in: When Gord gave away the mic stands to the front left corner (twice) I was between both girls. :nooooo
To make it worse, the 2nd girl was not even in my row, she was standing infront of my seat the whole night for some reason to my left. I said "since this is my seat and not yours do I get that?" Obviously kidding and she wasn't gonna bite

