Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

laptop help for University
#5

A MacBook will do all the stuff that you mentioned with ease... but so will many PC laptops.

I've been a Mac user since 1995 and will never go back. I know that there are more than a few converts here at Hipbase - but there are lots of diehard Windows fans as well.

A fully equipped MacBook can be had for about $2000 with taxes and should be more than enough computer for your listed needs.

There are some chemical, cellular and molecular bio programs for Macs - some are even Mac only, and highly regarded in the industry. (I know this is also true of Windows, but it's good to know you're not going to be shut out with a Mac... unless there is a specific program.)

Here are some widely available science apps for Mac: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.pure-mac.com/science.html">http://www.pure-mac.com/science.html</a><!-- m -->
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)